Want refund from PATHETIC IRCTC for loss of over 4k

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Today i tried booking 3 tickets from irctc and it made me await for more than an hr per ticket on this pathetic page.... bsda.JPG

even more, it then gave an error--SORRY network failure 200-!!! :mad:

WTF???:cursing:

I lost Rs. 4188/- in this way.
My 3.5 hrs went in trash due to this indian pathetic ever website.:angry:

Then i went into Refund status of failed transaction section to find out and there it says this...ss.jpg Settlement Requested

n then this.......payment not received from bank............fvv.jpg :mad: :cursing:

n heres my bank statement/ LOSS WHICH I SUFFERED...:bomb:

ssssssssssssssssssssssss.jpg

It say in previous image that payment not received from bank....then how the hell my bank debited the amounts to irctc????
:angry:
WTF is happening? I have seriously lost my cool now. Wanna sue irctc n file lawsuit and ask for 100 times more compensation. Just tell me the way how to do that. Thats enough i have suffered till date and day by day this 3rd class pathetic site is just getting worst.

The payment is usually stuck with the payment gateway. Dont worry. Usually IRCTC booking failures are refunded within 5 working days. So if your account doesnt reflect the same then you can raise the issue with your bank CC. (%)
Its common with IRCTC and almost 23% of the transactions fail after the money is deducted.
If the amount has not been deducted the status will change from settlement requested to settlement failed.
Else the amount will be refunded and status will change to payment settled. I can see a payment settled status of Rs.568 in your screenshot!!! Didn't you notice that the money was debited and credited back to your account for that transaction?

The payment is usually stuck with the payment gateway. Dont worry. Usually IRCTC booking failures are refunded within 5 working days. So if your account doesnt reflect the same then you can raise the issue with your bank CC.

How can i raise issue with my bank? As you can see my bank details shows that the amount has been debited to irctc, now they will tell me to contact irctc.

Dont worry, you will get your money back within 7-10 days

Though this problem is very common but there is no problem in their refunding process, i have got all my refunds properly :)

How can i raise issue with my bank? As you can see my bank details shows that the amount has been debited to irctc, now they will tell me to contact irctc.
Then you can mail the payment gateway. This is not a big issue, since its common with IRCTC. You will have to worry only if the status changes to 'settlement failed'. You will get the money back in few working days.

The money comes back alright. No issues there. But, booking tickets thru IRCTC is a full time job. No idea, if they will ever upgrade their pathetic website to better servers.

You need to do nothing. IRCTC is one site where cancelled/failed payments get credited back to your account very fast, unlike other sites where it might take up to 21 days for the same.

@nRiTeCh As members have said mentioned, you dont have to anything and the amount will be refunded in week or so.
I was saying about the worst case scenario in which the refund is not processed. Hope this clears the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to worry at all, irctc website may be lousy in booking tickets, but refunds process is almost perfect. If you have booked by performing NEFT, within 2-3 days (personal experience) you will receive the amount.

This stuff happens with me all the times, and moreover, when you try to book tickets from morning 8 to 9.

You need not worry about that. The payment usually gets stuck at gateway ( like middle man) and this gets cleared in 2-3 days time and shouild reflect in your account in a weeks time.

But one thing IRCTC should work on is Wallet Concept.

surprising that the site timed out on a tuesday afternoon. i could understand friday mornings with the tatkal rush but otherwise the site loads fine.

Site problems may also be due to the servers not being able to handle the "heat" of Summer holidays : returning home (or) late holidaymakers. All the trains are packed.

OP: Money will come back. Have patience.

Back