Want hair cutting machine EDIT: Bought Philips Trimmer QT 4019

I think Suhail mentioned in a post above that he didn't like to use a shaver. Is it because they hurt or something?
Well I see most of your queries seem to have been answered quite thoroughly. As blkrb0t mentioned, if the hair is a little long it does tend to get pulled and this becomes uncomfortable. These days I am keeping a stubble so the trimmer is enough and on days when I need to go clean, its the good ol' Mach3. I can clean a two week beard within 5 mins which ain't the case with an electronic shaver. But the shaver would come in real handy while travelling. So good luck with the purchase.

Thank you @suhailkhan , and yes, most of my queries have been answered. Thanks also to @blkrb0t.

I have one more. How do the blades in the shaver rotate? Do all the three blades rotate separately or the whole head of the shaver rotates together? I'm just a little bit skeptical to use this kind of shaver. I had a barber use his electronic trimmer to trim my many days' old beard last month and also use it on the neck (instead of his vastra), so I know how fast a trimmer works and it does work nice. But I don't know much about a shaver. I'm reading some tips on using rotary blade shavers on wikihow, so I think that'd clear things up some more.

Also, the Philips three rotary blade shaver - is it the best one to get at that price? My budget would be 2 - 3000 only. Hopefully this is my last question. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all blades rotate at once. You can even remove the head cap and then switch it ON to see how it operates, but you should be opening it to only clean actually.

I think it is better you go for this waterproof solution. It can even be operated with shaving gels and foams. It is a few hundred more than your budget, but really worth it. I am planning to upgrade to this from a long time, but haven't as the old one works just fine. Perhaps when it gives up I'll upgrade. You on the other hand have a choice to jump right in, and all for a few hundred more.

MENS GROOMING AIDS .... interesting thread.

I am using an el cheapo "chinese" one for the past 5 years. I think I paid 350 for it from Alfa (Mumbai). Still works great - beard trimming in <60 secs :rolleyes:

Ok, thank you all. I was hunting for one for the last few days, ordered that QT4019 that was available on snapdeal that a lot members seem to be having and all of them seem to be content with their trimmers.

^^ That Wahl has superb built... Do you really want to use the wired one? The one in your link looks professional grade, even though it says for home use. I have a similar one but with more combinations - meant for home use but it's so sturdy that it's still going strong after 5 years. It's a corded one and the blades need to be oiled... just like the one in your link.

Get Wahl if you really want to buy only Wahl. It's heavy and has limited reach (corded).

Wired one would be better right? Usually the battery operated ones consume batteries too fast. With a corded one I won't have the trouble of charging rechargeable batteries at last moment.

Is the cord too short in this?

^^ Cord is lengthy enough to be used comfortably. Only issue is the complete mobility which can be offset by Wahl's quality. If you are buying it to cut the hair on your head then the corded ones are better.

Proprietary batteries are a big problem. You have to lug around all the chargers with you. I got my shaver, camera etc that can be used with regular/rechargeable AA/AAA batteries.

Bumping this thread as i have a related question..
I prefer trimming every week with a length adjustment of 1mm.
I am confused between Panasonic ER206KK and Philips QT4005 Trimmer ( M - power Play)

I got the wahl clipper. Its really heavy to hold and solidly built. Got the fright of my life when I turned it on and it vibrated like hell. Switched it off and kept it back in box. :eek:
Its like holding a drill machine in hand. How long does it take to muster courage to put this to skin?

Back