Wanna Upgrade my phone : BB, iPhone or Galaxy?

anish_sha

Skilled
Planning for an upgrade from my BB 8520. Hows BB 9790 guys? it has a 1 Ghz processor... can anyone tell me how good it is ? or should i shift to Apple or Android? Pls help...

You may want to check out the dual-core models currently avbl...or wait for some time and go for a quad-core if your budget permits... BB is more or less redundant these days.. Unless you are just keen on the bbm service... Would recommend android or the iPhone .. And if you want more control over customization through custom roms.. Android definitely

If i were you i would have went for android ofcourse....and thus the same is the advice for you to go for android.Samsung galaxy S2 is an awesome phone....well and if you can wait a bit and have that much budget ,Samsung galaxy S3 is on its way...

BB is boring unless u have great desire to flaunt your BB pin on facebook as status update every now and then
<

For Windows: See Lumia 800 ( ~23k)

Android: Galaxy S II or Note

iPhone 4S is overpriced here, if you can get one from abroad then it would be good deal ...

Hii buddy i have got Bb bold 9790 , using it since past 3 months(when it was launched) . infact should say i was using it till last week as my primary phone whereas 4s my secondary , but no more . have switched my bb off and using only 4s since i am quite use to it now. wouldnt suggest you or for that matter anyone to go for it , not just worth it IMO .

yes browser is way better then previous OS(yet way behind IOS/DROID/WP7) , its fast , decent camera(average compared to other platform/brand) , good keypad thats it .meagre apps though was not an issue as it had all what i needed. with moderate use i use to get battery life of 16hours which aint no good . overall i'd rate 9790 average . you can get much better phone at 24k price bracket .

Hii buddy i have got Bb bold 9790 , using it since past 3 months(when it was launched) . infact should say i was using it till last week as my primary phone whereas 4s my secondary , but no more . have switched my bb off and using only 4s since i am quite use to it now. wouldnt suggest you or for that matter anyone to go for it , not just worth it IMO .

yes browser is way better then previous OS(yet way behind IOS/DROID/WP7) , its fast , decent camera(average compared to other platform/brand) , good keypad thats it .meagre apps though was not an issue as it had all what i needed. with moderate use i use to get battery life of 16hours which aint no good . overall i'd rate 9790 average . you can get much better phone at 24k price bracket .

thanks buddy for ur valuable comment, i think i should go for the 4S itself after saving some more money...

Stay away from Android phones if you're not keen on rooting and installing custom ROMs. Stock ROMs are mostly terrible. I use a Galaxy S and when I first got it, I was rather underwhelmed. It didn't impress me at all with its stock Samsung Gingerbread ROM.

Now that I've discovered XDA and the huge library of custom ROMs including those running Ice Cream Sandwich, I think it's the best device I've ever owned. My phone performs better than my friend's stock SGS 2 in regular usage like calling, texting, browsing etc.

If you'd prefer to play it safe, just get an iPhone. You can't really go wrong with it.

Back