Walkman Series

Roxtin

Skilled
Hmm which one do you think is good according to its Price and feature/performance. What i feel is

W700i> W810i> W710i > W610i >W300i

Rest W's are out as they are just overpriced crap and W200i is not worth as it gets owned by W300i in that price range.

Your comments are appreciated.

The buttons on the w700i are a little ugly. The w810i comes bundled with a great set of mini speakers. It's a little chunkier and heavier than the w700i. I believe it comes with 512MB memory bundled vs 256MB in the w700i.

I have used both and have found that the picture quality with the w810i camera to be superior. I have also observed that the loudspeaker on the N73 seems clearer than that of the w810i but the N73 screen is less sharp compared to the smaller but crisper screens of the w700i and the w810i.

sydras said:
N73 screen is less sharp compared to the smaller but crisper screens of the w700i and the w810i.

:O :O

Thts a revelation to me...cmon..the n73 has a 240x320 qvga screen....:p the w810 and the w700 have an 176x220 screen...its prolly bcos of the size, tht u feel tht its better, but the n73 screen is much better and advanced than the w700 and w810 screens..:lol: imo, the only drawback of the k750i, w700 and the w810 is the small screen..rest is all fine..:p

n73 screen is better .. , it is just because of the drab s60 ui that does not take full use of it range.
don't know about the best but the worst walkman is surely w950. overpriced calculator!

. it has 512 mb supplied pro duo card in the retail pack. . yeah it is the best choice of above 3 phones. . but if you can live with a slightly worse camera then w710 might be a better choice. .

what I mean ws

W710

+latest os , same as k790i , supports java multitasking
+ slightly larger screen
+ reebok shoes worth 2500 free in certain shops
+/- looks, clamshell
+ motion sensor for sports tracking

- m2 card s expensive then pro duo in w810
- cam lacks autofocus

Private Ryan said:
:O :O
Thts a revelation to me...cmon..the n73 has a 240x320 qvga screen....:p the w810 and the w700 have an 176x220 screen...its prolly bcos of the size, tht u feel tht its better, but the n73 screen is much better and advanced than the w700 and w810 screens..:lol: imo, the only drawback of the k750i, w700 and the w810 is the small screen..rest is all fine..:p

I don't know the specs. But I could clearly discern that the sony screens appeared sharper...(yes that's the term I was looking for) than the N73. It's prolly cuz of more pixels in a smaller space. i.e. for the large screen of the N73, 240X320 is not enough.

I forgot to mention another thing. The sony phones seemed much more responsive than the n73. i.e. if you clicked the buttons, the UI responded very fast. I could always notice a small lag with the N73. It's irritating in the long run.

bluediamond said:
^^ cos of symbian OS obviously.. why blame the nokia for that...

Well, an end user doesn't and shouldn't care as to who's responsible. Plus, a potential buyer needs to be aware of this issue :cool2: .

Nokia/Symbian OS developers need to get things in order. Seems like Nokia N series leave a lot to be desired(how about a 3.5mm adaptor in the N series? SE has it in almost all their high end phones.). If it wasn't for competition from SE, we would still be with 3310s :p . That said, SE needs to get a little innovative at least in the looks dept and the size of their phones.

Ok one of my friend just bought a W810i. i used that for like 10 min. some thing which I felt not good was:

• Keys are too small.
  • Ringtones/Music sound does not felt soo good as should be for a W series (may be due to the disturbance in the shop)
  • Screen is a bit smaller though it is crisp.

Will hope to do more R&D on his cell before I decide as of now for me fight is b/w W810i and N73Me

sydras said:
Well, an end user doesn't and shouldn't care as to who's responsible. Plus, a potential buyer needs to be aware of this issue :cool2: .

Nokia/Symbian OS developers need to get things in order. Seems like Nokia N series leave a lot to be desired(how about a 3.5mm adaptor in the N series? SE has it in almost all their high end phones.). If it wasn't for competition from SE, we would still be with 3310s :p . That said, SE needs to get a little innovative at least in the looks dept and the size of their phones.

Bro, but the end user knows what he wants from his phone....now symbian may be slow, but it definitely provides much more functionality than the plain jane nokia s40 or SE non-smartphones...one who just wants to listen to music may be happy with a w810 or a nokia S40 series phone, but then u are stuck with a phone which gets boring after a while..happened to me with the nokia 6233...so i bought the SE P990i... Now let me point out tht the slow or laggy nature is not company specific...even Symbian UIQ based SE phones like P990i, M600 and w950i are slow too..:p
SE sure is giving competition to Nokia but SE isnt the as forthcoming when it comes to customer relations and after sales as nokia is... i'm sayin this evn after i have an SE phone at the moment..:p Both have a distinct market and both know how to cater to their customers...at the end, it comes down to specific models from the 2 companies..some phones from Nokia are really good and so are some from SE.......;) I for one, wud never buy a non-smart SE phone..they have far less features for the price they sport than a competing nokia s40........ ;)

True what you say Ryan. I've a couple of friends who also complain about SEs poor after sales service.

As far as the sluggish interface goes, I guess it depends on the individual. There may be people who don't even use half the features on smartphones but have them only for the bling value and camera + music player. They then complain that their phone is crap cuz it takes so long to do anything. Some don't mind the delay though and can live with it.

I for one can't understand why we can't have a smartphone that is responsive. I'm sure there are many who would want their smartphones to be more responsive. Not everyone would fit in the so called sales demographic that these companies seem to cater to.

For eg: A lot of people laud SEs simplicity in their candy bar shaped phones with almost the same look across models. Others simply hate them for this.

Back