PC Peripherals WACOM tablet vs Mouse for Photoshop?

What do you prefer for digital art / photoshop editing/retouching photos? Mouse or Wacom Tablet.

• Good old Mouse.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
I just ordered the Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Medium - CTH 680 input tablet for using it to edit photos in Photoshop.

Please share your exp if you are already using one of these tablets and for what you use it....

Distracting in the sense? If the palm is resting then it takes that also as input? Is there no way to turn it off? Coz I also ordered a touch one :(

If the palm is resting then it takes that also as input? Is there no way to turn it off? Coz I also ordered a touch one
yes, and yes you can turn it off. then you will never turn it on again. so why waste money on touch :p

:( Already wasted .... but hopefully the shortcut buttons & the eraser will make up for that diff in cost. ;-)
But how is it compared to using a mouse for say photoshop?

I am an amatuer photoshopper. not a pro. but usually when working with ps and the stylus, I keep left hand on the keyboard and right hand does the stylus. so all the shortcuts will be handled by the left hand like T for text, M for selection etc... so I never use the buttons on the wacom at all. i mean buttons on the pad which require right hand for operation but right hand already holds the pen. its little tricky. but with a 2K screen and high resolution mouse, I always feel that I need a high res tablet. I mean cover the entire screen without moving the wrist. but it is not possible on the pad.

coming to your question. its way more precise than using mouse. it also supports angle detection, pressure detection etc... which are very useful and cant be done using mouse.

Same here ... not new to photoshop but still amateur.... I am currently doing the same (left hand on keyboard and right hand mouse).
Lets see how it feels after using the tablet for a few days... only then would be able to say something...

Back