Audio Vsonic GR06 is it worth it?

coolnikk

Disciple
Is Vsonic GR06 worth for $65 link:http://www.ebay.in/itm/VSONIC-GR06-High-Fidelity-Professional-Quality-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380378110428#ht_3453wt_905

As i require an iem which is suitable for every genre.Secondly on the site they say the price is exclusive of import duties so will i be be liable to collect them personally from customs office after paying the duties as the seller will ship these from hong kong.Is there any seller who is selling this product in india.I am open to suggestions and alternatives.Budget would upto 4K max.

Not sure if he is an authorized VSonic Dealer. Does his contact details match any in this list?

VSonic is not available in India. But, LendMeUrEars is an authorized dealer (as you can see at the end of that page). I have bought for myself (GR07) and others (GR01) from him. So, he is reliable.

It is sent by airmail and will be delivered by the postman at your address. Even if you are charged, you only need to pay the postman (or visit the post office) to collect it.

Not all packages are detained by customs. Inconspicuous packages are let off without duty and sometimes charged duty at 24-40% on the declared value (which is price of item + shipping cost == landed cost for you). In rare cases, randomly, they detain certain packages. If they do, you will get a letter as outlined in this thread. Mostly writing back a letter as mentioned in this post and sending it via Regd AD should get the job done. Only in rare cases, they'd ask you to appear in person.

From what I've read GR06 seems to be worth the $65. Joker mentioned

Value (10/10) – The VSonic GR06 does to the sub-$100 market what last year’s release of the GR07 did to top-tier earphones, embarrassing quite a few of its competitors by combining a comfortable over-the-ear form factor, great build quality, and excellent sound at an unreasonably low price point. While some nitpicks that do make their way into its evaluation, most of them are normally reserved for upper-tier products, itself a compliment to the GR06. This is yet another VSonic product punching well above its weight.

Alternatives depend on what kind of signature you are looking for. Why did you zero in on GR06? Any reason for that?

In my opinion these purchases are quite risky.It is always better to buy locally if available or look for other options.Customs are very erratic nowadays and they detain packages which one cannot track easily due to the system and neither can everyone go to Mumbai/Delhi customs where these packages normally go under scrutiny.I am saying this because I have currently lost 2 shipments to customs after they were shipped which never reached me.Hence be prepared to write off the amount you are spending to get the item.

Also I have not received any letter as such from customs and Post offices guys are also not aware what happened to my package as it was normal mail.So everything is not rosy as it might seem and one should be very cautious in these matters or else it's your money down the drain.

p>S: This is the reason why seller does not want to take responsibility for customs clearance

@esanthosh

Actually i zeroed on gr06 on the basis of jokers comparisions.well i am looking for an earphone which delievers a good performance with any genre of music i throw at it so basically a neutral/natural earphone.

any local dealer selling gr06 in india or any better alternative to gr06 at 4k budget.Won't mind stretching the budget if it is really worth it.

actually i zeroed in on gr06 referring joker iem list.is gr06 a good all rounder like for any genre of music??.Second is it possible to buy from india like pristine note or any other alternatives at 5k budget which is a good allrounder and has a sturdy wire.

Firstly, there are no authorized dealers in India (as you can see from the Authorized Dealers link I provided earlier).

I have not heard the GR06, so difficult to judge. There are choices like Brainwavz M3, RE-ZERO but may not be with the exact sound signature.

So any suitable alternative for gr06 with accurate reproduction of sound like neutral/natural signature available in india

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

actually im lokking for balanced iem and by the the reviews gr06 looks good too so if any suitable alternative is available available in india kindly suggest

Hi,

sorry about the bump on this old thread..I am very keen on buying the VSONIC- GR-06 from LMUE. Just needed help on what should be the import duty declared?

Or can we just make the required payment and have the package delivered to us?

How does it exactly work? I'm not sure coz I've never really imported anything before...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

LMUE themselves undervalue the product and mark as gift.However to be safe, during the order,in the comments do mention that you want it declared as a gift and at 20$(I asked LMUE guys they said this should be enough to avoid suspicion.).If you are lucky,you wont get any customs.Else maybe some percentage of the declared value.Use this coupon for 7% off.LMUECUST.

One more thing. I now seem hell bent on getting Gr-06 only. My dad is going to Hong Kong this week. Any possibility of him getting it somewhere there? Any source you may know of? Or is there anything good or better than the Gr-06 for a similar price range? The problem is there is not a lot of info of their authorized dealers anywhere. Only LMUE seems to be legit and then we have H-Finage (but even they dont sell everything) Is there anything good or better or the best replacement for Gr-06 that he could possibly get from Hong-Kong within the price-range. Let me know..

There is a seller on ebay from hongkong who sells vsonic.So they should be available locally.
http://myworld.ebay.com/bigbargainonline
Alternatives are VC01 and new VSD1/VSD1s.In fact they are a little cheaper too.
If i were you,i would get hifiman RE400.They are a little more expensive at 100$ but really good for the price.They are available in hongkong

VC02 is different in sound signature.Sound quality is on level with gr06.VSD1 is new so not many reviews available.Some say they are better than both gr06 and vco2 but cant be said for certain.RE400 is in a different league altogether and much better than vc02/gr06/vsd1....but gr07 is better than all of them.Of course costly too.

Turns out one of my dad's friend is in china. I can only hope vsonic is Atleast sold @ the electronics market there. If that's the case, I'm going for gr07. I wanna go for the best!!

Back