Vote for your favourite browser

After watching IE9 performance i can really say that this year IE9 has beaten firefox... Is IE9 gonna b the fastest browser this year? I dont think so coz Chrome development cycle is very fast... within every three months google releases a new version... But this year the work that microsoft did on IE9 is really commendable...

Ppl who still doubt the performance of IE9 can check this benchmark...

2rpze69.jpg

IE9 RC wrapped up the collection of JS tests in just 209 ms, with Chrome 9 the runner up (238 ms) and Opera 11 coming in third with 240 ms.

The 4th position is occupied by Chrome 10.0 Dev (248 ms), followed by Firefox 4.0 Beta 11 (254 ms), Safari 5.0.3 (310 ms), Firefox 3.6.13 (753 ms) and IE8 (3746 ms).

Essentially between Opera and Chrome now. Opera beating Fartfox.

IE has improved a lot with version 9. I would rate it higher than Fartfox. Chrome has a broken tabbing UI and no customisability. Opera has by far the best UI, flexibility and matches Chrome for speed.

Hades. said:
Ppl who still doubt the performance of IE9 can check this benchmark...

2rpze69.jpg

IE9 RC wrapped up the collection of JS tests in just 209 ms, with Chrome 9 the runner up (238 ms) and Opera 11 coming in third with 240 ms.

The 4th position is occupied by Chrome 10.0 Dev (248 ms), followed by Firefox 4.0 Beta 11 (254 ms), Safari 5.0.3 (310 ms), Firefox 3.6.13 (753 ms) and IE8 (3746 ms).
Well IE9 may be the fastest browser, but that doesn't mean it is more secure

i will let the history of IE do the talking here, regarding security standards

on the other hand Chrome 9 is just a little bit slower but currently one of the most secure browsers available

beaten only by Chromium variant Srware Iron which is even faster and more secure and privacy oriented than chrome is

I'm on Chrome v11 Beta.

the most amazing and simple browser ever...

FF4 beta 11 is the most pathetic version of firefox I've ever used man, it's shit shit multiplied by shit

i was FF4 all the way uptill beta 10, but every 2 minute crashing and shit on beta 11 made me try google chrome.

And I found the perfect browser. It starts in, wait it doesn't take time to start. It's as fast as opening "My Computer". Wait, maybe faster!!

i am using minefield right now and its good. just that the idm plugins aren't working anymore. hope installing a newer version of idm will fix this.

Only Firefox for me because Zotero only works on Firefox as of now. There has never been a better free citation tool. I can never leave FF as long as Zotero lives there.

Firefox. It might not be the quickest but its addons more than make up for it.
Though, Beta 11 is crashing a bit for me too like someone else mentioned.

Back