Voip solutions needed

p_sam21

Adept
I am frequently on overseas tours. Over there international roaming charges are huge. So is it possible to reduce my costs. I am currently not using smartphone, but can get it its required. If i use smartphone, even then i would need to use overseas networks to get on to the internet to call. So would it make any difference if i use voip in this case?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

I think most public places in developed countries have some form of free wi-fi. So if you go for a wi-fi enabled phone, u should be able to tap the free wi-fi for VoIP calls.

Consider the places you visit often and do an analysis of places where you get free / cheap wi-fi. If wi-fi internet availability is not there, not much point in upgrading your phone, as you would be better off using net cafes for voip / calling cards. Data access on international roaming is equally costly as calls, so wi-fi is your best friend for voip.

Have you evaluated Matrix SIM / any other similar indian international SIM cards?

^Skype is a bit costly compared to other voip providers like Rynga.

Most of the time i m in private offices, so wi fi may not be best solutions here.

Would be checking out matrix today. Thanks for the lead :)

Back