Vodafone, Got SMS that Rs. 20 Reactivation fee was deducted from prepaid balance

raksrules

Elite
I am in US and I keep my 2 Vodafone India mobile numbers active in dual SIM phone. I usually make it a point to recharge frequently and also make a single call per month on both SIM Cards. All this to keep the number active.
Now today I received a SMS saying that Rs. 20 were deducted for reactivation fee. Now I could not find much information about it online but seems that the old rule of deactivating a number if not used for 6 months is scraped and now it is Rs. 20 deduction per month until the balance is available and if not available then deactivate the number completely. Is this how it is ?

Does anyone know anything else about it ? If I keep sufficient balance like (Rs. 500) or so in both the numbers and do not make those monthly calls, will my number still stay active by vodafone cutting Rs. 20 per month ?

20 pm is ridiculous but vodafone is notorious for charging more or unnecessary to keep number active. I rarely recharged my numbers when i went aboard. I just try to keep some traffic on them. Asked people back in india to call and check what msg they are getting in return. Whether phone is off/ out of network or number not valid to find out whether number is still active or not.

I have used several telcos too till now for such sims. Airtel, bsnl, aircel, docomo and reliance gsm. No issue with sim validity. Reliance and bsnl never showed network out of india by number still remain active. You can mail to vodaphone cc india to find more info as something mentioned by cc verbally on phone need not be always valid.

Customers under no usage for continuous period of 90 days & having balance more or equal to Rs. 20, operator will debit Rs. 20 from customers account and extend the no usage period by 30 days under Automatic Number Retention Scheme (ANRS).
The process will continue till the time customers account balance is more or equal to Rs. 20. If during this cycle, customer’s account balance becomes less than Rs. 20 the number will be disconnected and customer will not be able to use the services, however customer can get the same number reactivated within 15 days of disconnection by paying reactivation charges of Rs. 20.
The customer can use the services during the no usage period before disconnection and in such event the number will be out of no usage criteria.

Back