VODAFONE BILLING WOES

Hi Guys,

We had multiple Airtel Postpaid & Prepaid Connections in our household. But when the tariff from Airtel was not competitive the my Brother decided to make the switch as Vodafone was giving a very tempting offer on all our connections. After 20 Days the 1st Billing cycle was due and to our dismay my Brother's Bill was of around Rs.9500/-. And in no circumstance we would pay such Obnoxious amount.

We were shocked as there were hardly any calls or sms made and therefore we looked into the details and found the culprit to be the Data Charges. As per Vodafone my brother has used 2.5 GB of 2G Data in 20 Days. He also had Vodafone Connect plan of Rs.98 per 1GB activated on his device and the rest were chargeable.

In more than 3years with Airtel my brother had the same plan activated on his cellphone and never before had he crossed the limit, because the only thing he does on his cellphone is Sending & Receiving Mails. No Facebook, no Youtube, nothing except mails. And all our past bills rightly show his usage except this time.

So, we were pretty sure that there has been some error but in the meantime they have shut down all outgoing services on my Cellphone and its in Limited Service for the time being. Therefore, I visited Vodafone Store to have a discussion, although they were hellbent not to accept my reasoning and told me that the only Thing they could do is ask for recalculation of Data based on IMEI and it would take 7-15 Days. I had little options so I accepted. With regards to limited service, they Told me to pay 70% of the bill amount to restore services which I didn't accept.
After this fiasco I started to ponder upon some points:

1. As it was my 1st month with Vodafone, how did they determine my credibility and provided me unlimited credit without any Bill Cap. When enquired, Vodafone personnel told me that my Bill cap is Rs.3500/- but it is NOT applicable on Data. I even told them That I need cap on my data and they informed me it cannot be done.

2. Operators around the country Spam the Inbox of consumers with unwanted offers and advertisements still why can't they send a single SMS to the consumer informing them about the approaching Data limit, exceeding which every KB shall be charged.

They didn't send me a Single SMS informing about The approaching limit on Data, Reasons unknown.

3. Most importantly Pricing, If 1 GB data usage plan on 2G is Rs.98 for 1 month. How come another 1 GB is charged at Rs.3495/- (10p per 30Kb)?

Just because a consumer falters, the Providers shall increase the price 350 Times. Is it reasonable???

4. In a Population of 1.2Billion even if 0.1% people commit the mistake of using Data/excessive data without activating plan then the Service Providers earn Thousands of crores without breaking a sweat.

Friend, please guide me as to what are my options to reinstate the services on my Brother's Number without paying such unjustifiable amount.

--Thanks

Post ur story on their FB and twitter page. Mail their zonal officer about the issue and threaten them that u will post this matter on any news paper.

Paste your story here http://pastebin.com/ and pass this URL to their twitter a/c

Which mobile phone was being used in those 20 days ? If we can track any usage from the cell. Also do you have 'MyVodafone' account ? One can get Itemized bill of every month from there. That bill shows all usage details.

#irfanlai & #vyral_143 Thanks for sympathizing with me and understanding the problem.

The mobile that my Brother used during that period was HTC Wildfire but can't track any usage as he never used any apps as he is a casual user. Moreover, They are never going to accept claims supported from User's cellphone. The Bill was itemized that is why I know that I am charged around 7K for Data

Made A Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/VodafonePainClub

This happens with them.. No way to escape if you ask me...

I once informed that vodafone live unlimited was activated on my mobile and they haven't informed me abt any APN.. Post a month i got a bill of around 5k
<
.. On revert, they said i had used 500MB (10p /10 kb) and so the charge is 5000 and i have used a wrong APN..

How the hell the customer supposed to know which APN to use !!!

I stopped paying and after a month i got a court order.. We cannot take them in court due to their money power.. I was hopeless and finally ended up paying it and stopped using that connection .. Also i promptly ask them to disconnect my connection ASAP..

Till now, i am receiving the bill from them inspite of multiple reminders for disconnection...

Better move away from VODAFONE. I will also join if there are any movements to protest against them... GTH Vodafone..

Now the customer service is pathetic as they stopped caring about customer.. They have big orders from corporate now !!!

Note: I was a regular user for more than a year.. Never failed to pay the bill in time..

Thank You guys for your support and inputs. My brother still hasn't paid the Bill Amount as we are still awaiting Vodafone's Letter with Re-calculation of Data Charges based on IMEI.

Also, I couldn't find Vodafone India's Twitter Handle. Moreover their FB Page doesn't have a wall
<

If someone could assist me how to file a case in Consumer Court Then it shall be very beneficial.

Thanks.

#sbhas2k Join in http://www.facebook.com/VodafonePainClub and Post your experience and maybe somethings might change.

Back