VLC 1.1.0 now available with GPU/DSP decoding

HellSlyne

Adept
Download it here...

Complete changelog here...

GPU acceleration is deactivated by default and it is marked as experimental. Enable it from Tools-> Preferences-> Input & Codecs

For ATI users:
we are going to release a new version of VLC, versionned as 1.1.1, that will work with the upcoming ATI Catalyst 10.7 driver. AMD did provide us a beta of this driver and we have verified successfully that GPU acceleration works.

AnandTech's take on HD Decoding on GPU using VLC here...

Just watch out for the "Building Font Cache" issue.. I've faced this problem on two laptops already, sticking with 1.0.5 for the moment.

The font cache building gets completed in a few minutes and then it never comes up so why bother with that?

And finally VLC is playing HD :), even though not as good as in WMP-HC ;)

Sucks, period.

Tearing video, then no video at all..Thanks you but i'd rather prefer a slideshow..

Hope they fix all the issues soon..

Tried it, and found a bug or something
While playing video>click on Show extended settings>Video Effects>Image Modification > select Noise
and my VLC went BOOM!!! Crash!!! :mad:

Anyone tried it??

sajitsm said:
Download it here...

Complete changelog here...

GPU acceleration is deactivated by default and it is marked as experimental. Enable it from Tools-> Preferences-> Input & Codecs

For ATI users:

AnandTech's take on HD Decoding on GPU using VLC here...
hey i tried playing video.on vlc by activating gpu acceleration ..and video frame rate droped down almost to zero...

I owe ati hd 4770 ..do u have any idea when is the new version of vlc going to release???

The latest version has fixed some bugs it seems. There was a deinterlacing issue with certain video files when played with the previous version. If the de-interlacing option is checked, the issues is resolved. Dont know if there are any other issues apart from this....

Back