Visiting New Delhi - Need advice.

raksrules said:
^^Even i am myself not sure :S

It's a GO Air flight.
Highly probable that it is T3. But just call the carrier service center to make sure. Your ticket might mention it..?

asingh said:
Are you sure he is flying off from T3. Some domestics carriers still source from the other airport.
Free airport shuttle from T3 to T1 available at regular intervals.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@sunny27
[1] TBH, Sunday is not the "best" day to go about visiting any of the monuments as they would be freakishly crowded. But since you don't really have a choice you might consider adding the Lotus Temple to your list. Its really not a temple per se and the architecture is just marvelous. There's is also Humayun's Tomb and Jama Masjid which are worth a visit. In fact, why don't you consider booking a HoHo tour or the Delhi Darshan tour? They start at about 7:30 in the morning and would cover almost all the places of interest in Delhi and still leave you free after about 5:30 leaving the evening at your disposal.
[2] Metro anyday for long distances, keep TSR use to a minimum and for short distances which the metro doesn't cover. TSRs can be VERY nasty at times especially to tourists. And contrary to popular belief, they have a god given ability to spot a tourist a mile away forget about speaking to them confidently. If you can afford it, book a private cab for a day. An Indica type starts from about 800 bucks for an 8 hour shift. Best mode of private transport.
[3] Wish I could join but Sunday is kinda touchy day for the wife ;). Otherwise for Khana/peena Chandni Chowk would be too confusing for a first timer so I would not recommend. Try out Khan Market for Kebabs and contemporary fare, Kamla Nagar or Bengali market for the famous Delhi chats and such, CP and Defense Colony for some good drinking/dining options.

Have a good trip. Hope you guys enjoy Delhi as much as I do :D.

A friend i remember goes ga-ga over pani puri in Delhi and says it is incomparable to what we get in Mumbai etc. She had told me something about pani-puri with 6-7 different types of paani. Any idea about where to savour the same ?

@asingh

I am checking the hoho bus website but still can you tell me from where exactly the bus starts and is that place anyway near Karol Baug and how to reach there ?

raksrules said:
A friend i remember goes ga-ga over pani puri in Delhi and says it is incomparable to what we get in Mumbai etc. She had told me something about pani-puri with 6-7 different types of paani. Any idea about where to savour the same ?

@asingh

I am checking the hoho bus website but still can you tell me from where exactly the bus starts and is that place anyway near Karol Baug and how to reach there ?

If you're coming with your wife, take some time out and head towards Chandni Chowk - Sadar Bazar. She'll love the place. You. Go there and see for yourself. :p

Anyways, Akshardham temple is a great place to visit, and is really much more than just a temple.

Also Sarojini Nagar, Lajpat Nagar, Cannaught Place, Janpath, Palika, INA Market are the places for shopohilics.

For eating, If you're at CP, head towards Shankar Market for a delicious plate of Rajma Chawal, Kareem's at Daryaganj, Al-Bake at New-Friends Colony for Shawarma, Khan Chacha Rolles at Khan Market, and Gol-Gappas (Pani-Puri), it is available almost everywhere throughout Delhi. head towards Karol Bagh market in the evening and you'll find many of them.

raksrules said:

@asingh

Give me the bus service site link.

For that paani - puri, honestly any shop has the mixture for multiple water types. Sarojini/Karol Bagh corner shops would have. You will see it from a distance..mostly girls and some guys crowded around a counter..!

Still you can use Metro to reach T3 and take an auto/shuttle from there. It should be a bit faster compared to traveling all the way to the airport in an Auto on 'Friday' evening. Though my suggestion can be incorrect as I have never used the Metro T3 service yet.

Back from Delhi. Had a good time there esp because my main thing got completed properly. Really impressed by the Delhi Metro system. For Delhities it may be normal but for a Mumbaikar like me it was really novelty to travel in the same. I have myself been in couple of cities around the world where similar metro system is there and this one too is very much comparable to them. Clean stations, clean trains, all information detailed. I sincerely hope this Mumbai redtape gets their brain right and accelerate the Metro work on priority and speedup. Could have never imagined going off far off places like Lotus temple and Akshardham temple if Metro would not have been there. Rajiv Chowk being the most visited station due to the need of Interchange.
Been to chadani chowk for some food. Had though that chaat would be cheaper considering what one pays in Mumbai but i was wrong. I may be wrong or may not have been to the best of the places but i felt that the food at Chandani Chowk is overhyped by a lot and i have found lot better chat in Mumbai rather or probably my tastebuds have got used to chat here in Mumbai. Had been to one shop at some corner for Aloo Tikki and Dahi Bhalla (now i know it is same as Dahi Vada). I dont remember the shop name but i was told it is very old and famous. Had gol gappe at roadside stall. The puris seem to be bit different here.
Had lassi at Ghantewala and raj kachori at Haldiram.
Everything was expensive. Even radio cabs are expensive by Rs 5/- km than in Mumbai :-[ And yes the autos dont run on meter.
Karol Bagh, the area i stayed in was ok. Would have got lost if not kept all the details of roads handy.
Had to take Metro only as for some reason autos were on strike on 31st March.

Back