PC Peripherals Viewsonic vx2025wm or Dell 2007WFP or Viewsonic vx2245wm with ipod dock-decision?

baksharp

Disciple
Hello,
I am trying to decide between Viewsonic vx2025wm 20", Dell 2007WFP 20" and Viewsonic vx2245wm 22" with ipod dock,8-in-1 card reader built in, 3usb ports and am confused!.
Can you suggest which would be best to go with. Pricewise they are very close to each other!.
I am leaning more towards DELL 2007wfp 20" and vx2245wm 22".
Thanks in advance,
baksharp.

Dell 2007WFP 20" = S-IPS

Viewsonic vx2025wm 20" = P-MVA

Viewsonic vx2245wm 22" = TN

so the Dell 2007WFP 20" is the best

buy the Dell 2007WFP 20" with your eyes closed

If you're talking about the model nos, the 'W' generally denotes widescreen with a 16:9/16:10 aspect ratio in LCDs. Don't really know if the other letters have any significance other than to denote the model no of the LCD from that company.

S-IPS(super inverted plane switching), P-MVA(patterned multi domain vertical alignment) and TN(twisted nematic) are technologies used to make the LCD panels used in the LCD monitors.

S-IPS and P-MVA are much better than TN and the LCDs that use these technologies cost more(S-IPS panels cost a bomb.)

Check out the link below to see the diference in view angles of TN, P-MVA and SIPS panels. Check out the baby towards the end of the page.

20 inches LCD : P-MVA vs S-IPS (?) - BeHardware

Wow, the wikipedia link really explained everything. Thank you to everybody who replied. It helped me into my decision. Dell 2007WFP 20" it is. TE rocks.
baksharp.

There is a difference of about 10K between vx2025wm and 2007wfp !!!

And moreover whats the opinion on E207WFP ?? It is costing 21K in dell india and as far as i saw it lacked the height adjustment. Anyway, plz comment on that !!

What is the funda of Disc Code: Rs7800 Cash Off Offline ??

Can we get anymore DELL coupons for discounts ??

Sorry Missed out that E207WFP is TN panel with 5ms response ....

afaik E207WFP is a TN, won't recommend it at all.

^ Dell discount coupons are not good here in India, infact no dell discounts whatsoever, apart from the 'introductory offer' sh1t they keep reciting :S

Sorry missed out on your last line :p

Back