PC Peripherals Using a remote monitor

Emil

Skilled
I need some guidance on this and I didn't know where to post it.
This is for a house where the desktop CPU box will be in a basement room while the monitor and wireless keyboard/mouse will be upstairs in the kitchen. It may not be so feasible to run a HDMI cable from the CPU box to the LCD upstairs from inside the house and I don't like the idea of a cable exposed to the weather elements on the outside. Looking for a cost-effective and elegant solution. There is already a decent wifi router that is serving the needs of the entire home. There is also a Google chromecast in the house.
Note that this is for a home in Canada so the hardware is not restricted to availability in India.
Please feel free to ask for clarification if I have left out significant info.

What is the kind of use you want at the lcd end , if for example you want to play only media then u can make a plex media server on the pc and access content on the lcd via the chromecast , if you can elaborate on your intended use then perhaps someone can suggest something

No it is not to play media but for normal computer usage. The computer would be used for developing websites, brochures, making and tracking appointments, browsing, etc.
The point is that the PC is hidden away somewhere but the human interface is in the kitchen with a wall mount LCD.

If you can do some Cat5/6 cable runs then you have an option of extending HDMI over cat5 and usb as well (probably usb 1.1 speeds if cable run is lengthy).

Back