Android Uses of old phone?

I would recommend you to keep the phone in a cheap case at least and keep it in newlike condition ebcause sometimes phones get good 10k + additional offer for exchange and it could be useful for buying a new phone

I would recommend you to keep the phone in a cheap case at least and keep it in newlike condition ebcause sometimes phones get good 10k + additional offer for exchange and it could be useful for buying a new phone
I don't think it's wroth 10k, far from it. It's a Moto G5s Plus so not so much scope. Prolly goes for 1.5k maximum so yeah. Anyone willing to take it off my hands and put it to good use is welcome to but I'd rather use it for something useful. It's a good phone so I might just use it. Don't really have the heart to throw it as well cause it's my first phone that I had right after finishing school. I might just use it as a mic or webcam. Camera is good enough.

Only major issue is Micro USB. ;-;

I don't think it's wroth 10k, far from it. It's a Moto G5s Plus so not so much scope. Prolly goes for 1.5k maximum so yeah. Anyone willing to take it off my hands and put it to good use is welcome to but I'd rather use it for something useful. It's a good phone so I might just use it. Don't really have the heart to throw it as well cause it's my first phone that I had right after finishing school. I might just use it as a mic or webcam. Camera is good enough.

Only major issue is Micro USB. ;-;
I am not saying the phone is worth 10k, but I am saying sometimes flipkart / amazon provide exchange bonus of 10k on even the lowest of device
So its useful in that scenario

A option would be to turn it into an OBD2 monitor for your car. It's fun to look at, and useful for logging data and tracking usage.

Another use would be to share your location using Google Maps. You can take it a step further using Automate or Tasker, and implement something that asks you to verify if you're okay every hour or so, rings your phone if you forgot to verify, and then sends a text/location to your closest family members.

Or, use it for home/computer automation. I currently have my phone set to turn on my PC whenever I reach home (detect WiFi network, send a WoL packet). If you're rooted, you can probably also use the fingerprint sensor to unlock your computer. Gimmicky, but convenient i guess.

If it has an IR Blaster, turn it into a TV/AC remote for your house.

If you take medication, you can have it notify and keep a count.

If you're getting into your car after a fixed time (say, after work shift is over), text people that you're going home, or do anything related to home automation if you have that set up.

Those are few of my ideas. I'd suggest googling for "What do you use [Tasker/Automate] for in [year]?"

Back