usb hdd temp

stormblast

Skilled
just got some usb hdd casing. its some local black color aluminium chinese. looks decent.

wanted to know is there anyway to check the usb hdd temp. its pretty sleek so i am sure the hdd will be getting hot so just wanted to see the temp. it just has 1 tiny tiny fan in the front which i am sure is making no diff. lol.

Hey stormy how much did u get the casing for and what sort of transfer rates are you getting on it.

Does that casing have 2 usb cables for powering up the casing and data transfer.

Pic if possible , please :)

got it for rs700. some chinese brand. came in a box packed properly with a driver cd for win98. it has the usb cable & the power cable/adaptor.

will put some pics tomorrow.

stormblast said:
got it for rs700. some chinese brand. came in a box packed properly with a driver cd for win98. it has the usb cable & the power cable/adaptor.

will put some pics tomorrow.

Waiting for the pics and plz lemme know the transfer rates plzzzz.

takes around 45-50 sec to transfer around 1gb. same as what it takes when i transfer on my friends iomega ext hdd. i guess transfer rate should be from 20 - 25

here are the pics.
top, side, pic of the box front, & pic of the back box with specs.

even though the box says firewire it doesnt have firewire, i was told that before i bought.

Back