Urgent !!! Need cell for my Dad..10-12k

Hey ppl,
my Dad's Birthday is approaching so i and mom have decided to gift him a new cell so that we can stop hearing his constant kitpits abt how outdated his current phone is :bleh: (K510i)
His prime requirement would be a Camera because that is the only feature apart from calls which he uses..and apart from a very good camera,he wants a stylish phone.He doesn't like using the phones which aam janta use :p
and finally my budget would be 10-12k.
I was thinking of getting the nokia 6300 but reading its reviews and also by word of mouth found out that it heats up pretty quickly (within 10-15 minutes in a call).
but now i wont be getting that unless the above data is incorrect.apart from that i also found the Samsung D840 to be a cool phone (looks wise)but i have no idea about the phone in general and its cam quality(most important).my best bet actually would be a w810,but since it looks similar to his current K510i i dont think he will be really thrilled at the site of it..
so please keep your suggestions coming as soon as u can because i am planning it to buy it by today evening !! (yeah i know thats too short a time for u ppl...but hey its sunday :p)

Get the W810 if you can, for it has the best 2 mp camera with autofocus in this range..n since he is using the SE phone..he shud have no problems migrating to the W810..and well, i think, W810 looks better than the k510..:bleh:

Dont buy the 6300 if cam is ur priority..its cam module sucks..better get the 6233 at 9.2k than the 6300..it has a better cam than 6300 and a hell lot better loudspeakers... but still, for the usage pattern you have mentioned, i wud buy the W810 if i were you...:)

Btw, dont know about the 6300 heating part but it has a very bad battery life..only one day...the W810 owns all of the others in this range (6233(2-3 days),6300 (1 day) etc.) with its battery backup of around 4 days..

N yeah, avoid Samsung n moto...:lol:

^^Samsung?? :hap5: :hap5: Well, he said, his dad doesnt like phones which the 'aam janta' use..:lol: Well Samsung is very 'aam'...i think his best bet is the W810...its got style, looks, a gud brand value(atleast better than Samsung and Moto), a very good cam which his dad wants, gr8 music features and not to forget, the added speaker system tht SE is giving in the bundle..thts good value overall..:eek:hyeah: Also as he is familiar with the SE menu system, he wud have no problems going to the W810..u know how it is with all dads..they find learning new things cumbersome..:lol:

Private Ryan said:
^^Samsung?? :hap5: :hap5: Well, he said, his dad doesnt like phones which the 'aam janta' use..:lol: Well Samsung is very 'aam'...i think his best bet is the W810...its got style, looks, a gud brand value(atleast better than Samsung and Moto), a very good cam which his dad wants, gr8 music features and not to forget, the added speaker system tht SE is giving in the bundle..thts good value overall..:eek:hyeah: Also as he is familiar with the SE menu system, he wud have no problems going to the W810..u know how it is with all dads..they find learning new things cumbersome..:lol:
agree with u fully :bleh:
but do u find w810i stylish ?:p he said stylish phone thts why said samsung ;)

Techpal said:
but do u find w810i stylish ? he said stylish phone thts why said samsung

well, if u ask my honest opinion, i find all the SE phones look the same..:lol: a color change here n there, but basically they all look the same...:bleh: :lol:

I have always believed tht SE seriously lacks a good product design team..their phones lack character..atleast most of them..show the k750i, w810, the new w610, the w800 and the w700 to someone who doesnt have a very keen eye for detail..n he'll say tht they are all the same phone in different colors..:lol:

But still, even if the w810 isnt actually stylish, it is sober enuf to be used by adults..no overtly eye popping colors like on the w800 and the w610...tht orange in those phones just cries out for attention..:lol: plus its got all the stuff he needs..:)

Private Ryan said:
well, if u ask my honest opinion, i find all the SE phones look the same..:lol: a color change here n there, but basically they all look the same...:bleh: :lol:
I have always believed tht SE seriously lacks a good product design team..their phones lack character..atleast most of them..show the k750i, w810, the new w610, the w800 and the w700 to someone who doesnt have a very keen eye for detail..n he'll say tht they are all the same phone in different colors..:lol:
But still, even if the w810 isnt actually stylish, it is sober enuf to be used by adults..no overtly eye popping colors like on the w800 and the w610...tht orange in those phones just cries out for attention..:lol: plus its got all the stuff he needs..:)
agree with u w810i is good choice among all those SE's but what about K750i?
i think it looks better than w810i with no hint of orange. :p and best 2MP camera.:hap2:

W810 is the best thing in that range, specially in the cam part. if u can raise ur budget by 3k then the K790i for 16k has a superb cam

@techpal:K750i is simply outdated

[quote name='Hotstuff']W810 is the best thing in that range, specially in the cam part.

hmm if W810i has best camera in that price range then i wonder what k750i has:huh:
even though its outdated still considering his main priority is camera then i think u can get only 2mp in that price range and k750i has best camera of all of them in 2mp category.

Techpal said:
even though its outdated still considering his main priority is camera then i think u can get only 2mp in that price range and k750i has best camera of all of them in 2mp category.

Both the K750i and the w810i have the exact same cam module, also the w810 has edge, a slightly bigger display than the k750i, comes with a better bundle, 512 mb mem card, stereo loudspeakers etc. which make it a better buy than the k750i..plus since the k750 will be out of the market in a few months, its really not a sensible buy anymore...cos it'll not fetch u much once the phone is out of the market..so overall, w810 seems to be the right buy here..:)

Back