Graphic Cards urgent help hd 6970 or gtx 580

jassi

Disciple
hi guys help me out going to upgrade for a new card which is better option hd 6970 or gtx 580 ? want it for 3d work and games ....also suggest if there any other better option ..

thanks in advance ..

between the 6970 and GTX580, get the GTX580.
But before you get that mention your current configuration like psu and cpu
Also mention the resolution that you plan to game at.

gtx 580 bro if you are into photoshop and rendering....hd 6970 is also a good card ,i have used ati cards for last 5 years so according to me it is best for gaming only..

hellgate said:
between the 6970 n GTX580, get the GTX580.

But before you get that mention ur current config like psu n cpu

Also mention the resolution that you plan to game at.
core i7 950,asus sabertooth,8gb xms3 ,cm gx 750w, and 1080p resolution for all work ...

Well, if you can shell out 30k, go for GTX580.

But seriously, at this time, when rumours are afloat that AMD may start selling HD7000 28nm products as early as June itself, I would make a smart buy:

1. Buy a cheaper card which still packs a lotta punch. Hows a HD6950 2GB to you(unlock = happy you)

2. Thats 17k, now I bet in 3-5 months the 17k card which will be released would be a near 150-200% improvement(courtesy many more cores due to 28nm tech), and it would be wiser to just sell the HD6950 then and buy a new card.

That way, you keep to the latest tech, and spend the same amount... Double benefit.

jassi said:
core i7 950,asus sabertooth,8gb xms3 ,cm gx 750w, and 1080p resolution for all work ...
The first thing that worries me is your PSU, it has some really bad reviews floating, this after the review piece being cherry-picked for this purpose, the thing you need is a better PSU if you wish to run a card like the nVidia GTX 580.
Cooler Master GX 750 : Roundup: 12 Gaming Power Supplies Compared
Cooler Master GX 750 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets
Cooler Master GX 750 W looks like a good option for users looking for a mainstream 750 W power supply, however it has a major flaw that prevents us from recommending it: noise level at +3.3 V and +5VSB outputs were above the maximum allowed when we pulled 600 W and above from this unit. High noise levels overload and can even damage components on your computer.

Of course GX 750 W offers as advantages having four power cables for video cards and more SATA power connectors, but it is only safe to run this new Cooler Master unit up to 450 W.

Plus like comp@ddict said wait for the new AMD HD 7*** series release in June and go for the kill, else if you can't wait go for the nVidia GTX 580.

I would say dont play the waiting game. If you start playing that game then you will never ever be able to buy anything. Cuz after the Radeon 7xxx series nVidia will also launch their 28nm parts. So at that time ppl will suggest you to wait for few more months till that is released.
End result : You end up waiting.

So better get a GTX 580 now and enjoy it.

Regarding the PSU, I would suggest you to upgrade to something better like a Corsair TXv2 series 850W.

@ comp@ddict thanks for such awesome suggestion ...@ dr.sankhadeep and hellgate i am to thinking to go for 580 ... guys i want suggestion on psu is gx750w is not enough for 580 ? i am already using gtx 460 sli on this psu its working perfect with it is there really need to change psu ?

As Dr.Sankhadeep said, GTX580 twin frozr II is for 26.5k...Its the best custom card out there...

I own one too, and I can assure you that you'll be blown away by its performance..

So without giving any second thoughts, JUST GO FOR IT!

@ comp@ddict thanks for such awesome suggestion ...@ dr.sankhadeep and hellgate i am to thinking to go for 580 ... guys i want suggestion on psu is gx750w is not enough for 580 ? i am already using gtx 460 sli on this psu its working perfect with it is there really need to change psu ?

Well, it just seems perfect, though it isn't...So just upgrade to Corsair HX750/850 or Seasonic x760, before it damages any of your components.

Back