Urgent:Career Advice: Engineering or VFX

chiron

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006
rite said:
4. And just for your info, my AIEEE was 10666 and my manipal rank around 1400. I was getting IIIT A Computers. I was also getting Top 5-7 NITs with at least a mid level course like mech.
rofl.... you claim to be 20... grow up already you idiot.

foruamit2004

Adept
Jul 10, 2008
can't go through all the RITE posts, But @OP.Think from your senses, from your family's finance perspective, you wouldn't wanna be luggage to them for the life(so just try to get a little info on the field in which you are interested, find people, My usual way would be to search find some good colleges on the field in which you are interested, try to meet them online(orkut/facebook communities could be good start), if you find someone good, try to talk to them over the phone..

One thing.. "A fool engineer can earn a little more money compare to other fools who are in other fields, but a smart(not a strict criteria)/passionate(need it) person will always have money no matter what is the field, although it may take a little time/hard work and in some cases some financial support" and off course you have to have money oriented mentality for that. :p

kippu

Skilled
Dec 28, 2006
before jumping into anything see your capability and the work enjoyment before jumping into it, dont see the show window and fall for it

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
finish your engg degree now and don't think of anything while finishing your degree - you may make grand plans for your academic future but then if you flunk in engg in any of the subjects its a real pain clearing them and that messes with whatever you've planned ahead. devote yourself to engg and finish it off now and finalize what you want to do in life and then plan and proceed to fulfill dreams.

Gaurish

ex-Mod
Apr 7, 2006
Jaipur
www.gaurishsharma.com
Lord Nemesis said:
To put things into perspective for you, not everyone's aspirations are limited to something as trivial as earning a shit load of money. You don't actually need an education to be able to do that and I know of a lot of people who without even an education manage to earn a lot more money than any MBA from a top business school. I fully understand if your own upbringing has misled you to believe and define success, happiness and satisfaction as how much money you earn and limited your aspirations to simply earning enough money to impress your rich parents, but most other people aspire for a lot more than just money. Remember, you don't live to earn money, you earn money to live and to me living is doing what you love to do. Money is the means, not the end. After all, if you are stuck in the mid of an endless desert and you would quickly realize that a glass of cold water is much more satisfying than all the money in the world.
well said ;)

rgsilent

Disciple
Sep 25, 2010
chiron said:
rofl.... you claim to be 20... grow up already you idiot.
He's a bit precious, isn't he?

Someone please explain him that random strangers on the internet don't care if he earns a million a day or is in an IIT or harvard.

Konquerror

Adept
Nov 7, 2009
Bangalore
pranavprakash.net
Mephistopheles said:
Very Very Sorry for the OT but couldn't resist myself - What is the difference between the emphasis of curriculum b/w Electrical and Computer Engg? What are the similarities in curriculum of Electrical, Computer and Aerospace Engg?

I will give you very basic idea about curricula of Electrical Engg., Computer Science Engg. and Aerospace Engg. Electrical Engineering deals mainly with Electrical Circuits, Electric Motors/Generators, Power Electronics, Digital/Analog Communications Signal Processing, Digital/Analog Electronics (VLSI). It also has courses from CS like Computer Architecture, Operating Systems, Algorithms and Data Structures. It's a vast field and I've missed many sub-fields.

Computer Science Engineering mainly deals with Algorithms, Computer Architecture, Operating Systems, Signal Processing, VLSI etc. It's also a vast field and people go in hardware as well as software field.

Aerospace Engineering basically deals with Aircraft Design, Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Rocketry etc.

The similarity between Electrical and Computer Science is a lot. Infact in foreign universities there is no separate department for CS and EE. They call it Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science i.e. EECS. And about Aerospace Engineering, it comes under completely different domain. The common between EECS and AE are only first year courses which are common to all other branches also.