Urgent : Basic Wifi Router

I need a basic Wifi router for connectivity in Ground Floor and 1st floor (Distance : 10ft)

Budget : Cheapest possible

Shortlisted : TP-LINK 150Mbps Wireless N White | Router | Flipkart.com

From the reviews on flipkart it seems that the router is good and does the job
I have a Asus RT-N10 and I am satisfied with it, on the top of it, I find the interface of asus routers in general to be easier
Also I doubt that you will receive signal on the first floor, because I as well as my friend has similar setup but we dont receive good quality signals on other floors
Cheap routers are basically good for covering a single floor

Please suggest more powerful router, cheapest possible..

Mate just writing "more powerful and cheapest possible" will not help, please provide some criteria, other than range which will help in deciding
Also I have already mentioned, 1-1.2k routers offer best performance on same floor
For more vertical coverage you have to spend atleast 2k on routers having features such as dual band(2.4 ghz and 5 ghz), dual antenna & MIMO, 300 mbps N speed etc

1) Drop the idea of buying router alone. Now, planning to buy Modem cum Router.
2) Is it possible to connect direct LAN cable and access net, without telephone line ?
3) Budget : Max 3K
4) If DD WRT available within budget, please suggest

2) The line coming from your DSL provider to your modem or modem+router will always be a telephone line.
4) DD-WRT doesn't support any modem+routers that I know of. Just routers.

2) If that's the case, then I suppose you're not using a DSL connection. Who is your ISP? If you've got an ethernet cable coming in from your ISP, why do you need a modem+router? The WAN port on a modem+router accepts a phone line, not an ethernet cable. You'd be better off with a router instead.
4) A USB port is not an indicator of DD-WRT support. You can check www.dd-wrt.com | Unleash Your Router for the list of supported routers.

For clarification
the line coming from telephone is RJ-11
and ethernet cable is known as RJ-45
As your budget has increased I would suggest the Asus RT-N13U B1, if you want router only
Or if you want modem+router D-link one is good option, I too was going to buy it but dropped after finding that it doesnt support DD-WRT
Other than that the features offered by 2750U are best in range

Buying for BSNL Wimax which provides LAN cable directly (no telephone line)..Router will be enough for this.
But after 2-3 months, will shift to broadband, at that time will require modem.

That's why planning to go for Modem cum Router.

Is it possible to use Modem cum router for wimax ?

No .. you can't.
For wimax u need a Router.

boardband if modem is provided router is enough or u need ADSL modern + router.

Back