[URGENT]Asus K53SV-SX520D Laptop - Chennai

Haddock

Adept
Hi guys, I'm planning to buy Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D Laptop, this weekend.

around 38k @flipkart - Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

I want to buy it here at Chennai itself, so can you help me find showrooms/shops that sell this laptop. :)

I just moved to Chennai from B'lore.
Thanks in advance

Laptop Config:
Processor
Processor 2nd Generation Core i5
Variant 2430M
Chipset Intel HM65
Brand Intel
Clock Speed 2.4 GHz
Cache 3 MB
Memory
System Memory 4 GB DDR3
Storage
Hardware Interface SATA
RPM 5400
HDD Capacity 750 GB
Optical Disk Drive
Optical Drive SuperMulti Dual Layer Drive
Platform
Operating System Free DOS
Display
Screen Size 15.6 Inch
Resolution 1366 x 768 Pixel
Screen Type HD Glare Display
Graphics
Graphic Memory 2 GB DDR3
Graphic Processor NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
Input
Web Camera 0.3 Mega Pixel
Pointer Device Touch Pad
Keyboard Standard Keyboard
Audio
Internal Mic Yes
Speakers Yes
Communication
Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps
Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth v3.0

I couldn't find any Asus laptop at Anna nagar, Chennai. When I asked at CROMA, that guy got confused. :p

Asus said they'll contract me today regarding their authorized dealer in Chennai.

I'm on my way to office now, I'll post a short review tonight. :D
Performance is superb, don't have any new game, so installed GTA 4 eflc, the performance just shocked me :O
Played with high settings, full shadows and still got smooth game play, I think I was getting 50+ fps.
But the CPU shot to 89degs :(
Maybe its because of very limited vents under the laptop.
Yesterday faced a very irritating problem, with OPTIMUS. Laptop kept switching between gfx, in the process switching the LCD on and off. But the cause was hardware acceleration feature of flash.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Overall Sound volume is low, you need to be in a quiet room to hear full details. :/
will update the real tek drivers and see.

please let me know about the screen quality as compared to acer 5830 TG...i am interested in among two !!
btw if speaker volume is less...hope no issues with headphones or external speakers?

sorry, came back at 10pm :-\
screen quality is in the league of HP, dunno about Acer.
its very glossy, very very sharp, sharper than my Dell ST2210 FULL HD LCD.
headphone volume is okay, maybe its my habit of using ceiling fan (chennai heat :p) at full speed that makes the sound seem low.

Haddock said:
headphone volume is okay, maybe its my habit of using ceiling fan (chennai heat :p) at full speed that makes the sound seem low.
thanks dude, but dell wont be glossy right? actually i have seen 5830tg but it has too much of reflective surface....especially when you see it in illuminated room....so i could guess it would be really tough in outdoors...thats the only concern !!
did you use it outdoor conditions (sunny) or moderately high illuminated room?

Haddock said:

Midrange asus laptops packing altec lancing srs premium sound i guess.

Which sucks bigtime...very very low on sound

My lenovo had some volume limiter to comply with some EU regulations which could be disabled, it was hidden in a very deceptive way where if you clicked the audio driver logo it would get disabled :lol:

try checking notebook review forums if there is any fix

Haddock said:
I'm on my way to office now, I'll post a short review tonight. :D

Performance is superb, don't have any new game, so installed GTA 4 eflc, the performance just shocked me :O

Played with high settings, full shadows and still got smooth game play, I think I was getting 50+ fps.

But the CPU shot to 89degs :(

Maybe its because of very limited vents under the laptop.

Yesterday faced a very irritating problem, with OPTIMUS. Laptop kept switching between gfx, in the process switching the LCD on and off. But the cause was hardware acceleration feature of flash.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Overall Sound volume is low, you need to be in a quiet room to hear full details. :/

will update the real tek drivers and see.

nice one p.s have to play fear 3 and any another games even i also have same config but not asus that i own acer one ;) and nice buy :)

cause it is hard to find asus laptop at richer street which it are not available due to out of stock issue and preorder take pathetic time

cause it is hard to find asus laptop at richer street which it are not available due to out of stock issue and preorder take pathetic time

Indeed. It's too sad that they don't even have an authorized showroom in Chennai yet.

Back