CPU/Mobo URGENT advice needed troubleshooting

yashchitale

Disciple
Hello,
Today everything was working fine when my system suddenly powered off. when i try powering the system on it turns on for a split second and powers off again.
I checked and saw that all motherboard LED's are green. No red LED's.
Itook the power supply and checked it with 2 other machines and it was working fine. So I'm suspecting the motherboard. I have an Asus P8P67 PRO. Should i get it replaced?

Tried another RAM stick.. Din't work. Hmm.. Next time not going wih Asus.. Hopefully they'll replace my motherboard without any hastles..

Sorry to hear that, it seems that the board is really dead. Send it for RMA, i dont remember who handles asus product these days, but if it is rashi peripherals then then are known for giving nightmares;)

Gave the board to Rashi today.. He said the CPU pins are bent.. I told him that it worked fine for a month.. He replied saying such things happen in electronics and since this is a rare board it will take about a week for the process.. :\

Gave the board to Rashi today.. He said the CPU pins are bent.. I told him that it worked fine for a month.. He replied saying such things happen in electronics and since this is a rare board it will take about a week for the process.. :\

wtf...Exact same issue here as well....Board with Rashi...

sorry to know about your boards hope it gets replaced fast mate

on a different note

i have read about this in many forums on this and i fail to understand how do the pins bend on their own

Guys FYI. I had submitted the mobo for RMA on Monday, 9th to Rashi Peripherals, Camp, Pune. Today i called and i was told the board was defective. The RMA was approved and no charges applicable.( was concerned since the guy at the rma centre told me 2 of the cpu pins were bent ) Thing is i will get the replacement by next week due to stock shortage.

Back