PC Peripherals UPS selection

LaatSahab

Skilled
I'm looking for a UPS that can handle the load of the below-mentioned devices and can provide a good mix of power backup and surge protection.
1. 32 inch Mi LED TV (surge protection)
2. Nokia Airtel Fibre Router (power backup)
3. Seagate External HDD (power backup)
4. RPi 4 B 4GB version (power backup)
5. CCTV power supply (power backup)
6. CCTV DVR (power backup)
7. Desktop 350W PSU (surge protection and power backup)
8. XBOX Series S (surge protection and backup)
9. SMSL AD-18 (surge protection)

As I don't know the exact power requirement of each device, a ballpark guesstimate for a power draw would do fine. Items 2 to 6 are in Always ON mode, thus need to be operating 24x7

Last edited:
I'm looking for a UPS that can handle the load of the below-mentioned devices and can provide a good mix of power backup and surge protection.
1. 32 inch Mi LED TV (surge protection)
2. Nokia Airtel Fibre Router (power backup)
3. Seagate External HDD (power backup)
4. RPi 4 B 4GB version (power backup)
5. CCTV power supply (power backup)
6. CCTV DVR (power backup)
7. Desktop 350W PSU (surge protection and power backup)
8. XBOX Series S (surge protection and backup)
9. SMSL AD-18 (surge protection)

As I don't know the exact power requirement of each device, a ballpark guesstimate for a power draw would do fine. Items 2 to 6 are in Always ON mode, thus need to be operating 24x7
Is there a reason for going with UPS and not with an inverter? Online UPS would cost a lot and would not provide long backup. Switch over time for some line upses could be long, and can cause interruption.
This is based on my personal experience and does not account for any new technologies that might have come about in recent past.

If you only want an UPS and not an inverter then the APC br1500g is pretty good. It comes with a usb connection and an app for the desktop. Also I see you are using a raspberry pi so you can also attach the ups to the raspberry pi and use it with a NUT(Network UPS Tools) server. Search it on the net it's a fun little tool and I love using it.

Back