PC Peripherals UPS recommendation

^^i suggest the same model which is mentioned in the last post i.e APC BACK-UPS ES 650VA 230V INDIA ...i am getting the same one tomm for 2.8k :) (its a bit expensive at my place)

Why don't you try PowerCOM 600VA UPS?

I picked mine up for 1,775 IRS a month ago, ofcourse with warranty.

Can't figure out if it's a 1 or 2 year warranty though, but it's pretty good, and around 1K cheaper compared to the APC 600VA model.

And considering they're world #2, it ain't a bad deal ;)

whatever you get, stay away from microtek. Its gone kaput for me and two friends (we had different models). get the APC 650 as everyone has suggested. ive been having it for about 6 months, and no problem what so ever... better spend some extra money to get good stuff that will last..

BackUPS has serious issues with high end power supplies. Sandy/Bottle/x86 etc have all had problems. If you have one, I'd not recommend it. Else its fine.

btw udit can u confirm something ? since u r using 650va apc and 640w skyhawk (same as me) ...can u open ur cabby and stress ur ears and check if ur PSU makes any buzzing noise when on battery back up of the APC ???

plzzz lemme knw.. thanks.

I would recommend any APC UPS.

I love their service. If the UPS develops any problem during the warranty period, you just call the APC toll free number; and on the same day itself, a local agent shows up, takes your UPS, and replaces it with another one! No questions asked; they won't even check whether there is a problem or not.

I wish all companies provided service like this...:)

mohit said:
btw udit can u confirm something ? since u r using 650va apc and 640w skyhawk (same as me) ...can u open ur cabby and stress ur ears and check if ur PSU makes any buzzing noise when on battery back up of the APC ???

plzzz lemme knw.. thanks.

no buzzing noise in my psu but the automatic shutdown feature gets deactivated with my skyhawk 640w :(

Udit said:
no buzzing noise in my psu but the automatic shutdown feature gets deactivated with my skyhawk 640w :(

Are you using the PowerChute Personal Edition software that came along with the UPS ? If yes, try to uninstall it and try to use the native power management options in windows.

I had the same issue, the system was not shutting down with the software installed. I uninstalled it and used the power options in windows and it was able to sshutdown after that.

No buzzing sound from PSU or UPS when running or battery, I have the CM 430W SMPS.

Back