Upgrading old PC for gaming for 14K . Need Help !!!

R0@CH

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

14K - MAX

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU - Intel E5200 {2.5 GHz}
Motherboard - Mercury PIG31T
GPU - OnBoard {Intel G31 i think}
RAM - Zion 1.5 Gb
Monitor - AOC 1731 17'' {1366x768}
SMPS - Frontech 450W
Hard Disk - SeaGate 200 Gb
Cabinet - Intex Boring Series "Dull" Cabinet
KeyBoard - Intex OEM
Mouse - iBall Rider
Speakers - Panasonic

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

CPU, Motherboard, Monitor, Mouse, Hard Disk, Speakers.

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

GPU - Sparkle GTX 550-Ti {900 MHz / 1026 MHz}
KeyBoard - Zebronics Fantasy
Cabinet - Zebronics Bijli
Power Supply - FSP Saga II 400W {Not Sure}
RAM - Need DDR2 2x2 GB

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Final Configuration / Never Upgrade

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Raipur {C.G.}
Only Local
My local trusted shop's website {http://www.mdcomputers.in/}

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

No

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

All Genres, Old and New {Playable Frame Rates}

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1366x768
Desktop - 1366x768

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit {already own}

Hello everyone,
first of all wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year,
i'm going to get a upgrade for my trusty old PC around my birthday {1st JAN} :cool2:
so i have a few questions in mind - i've got a frontech 450W power supply with 19 amps on the +12V rail, is it enough to run a 550-ti ?
550-Ti vs 6770 ? Red a good review for sparkle 550-Ti on CHIP magazine, so i'm kind of fixated on it {but it can always change}
does the zebronics bijli come with a power supply, is it mighty enough to handle the graphic card ?

out of topic {can i overclock my e5200 ?? to what extent ?? do i need a aftermarket cooler ???}

Thankx in advance {for those who help}

As you said it is final config and no future upgrades,dont get 550Ti instead get HD 6770 which is enough to max out the games at the resolution that you preferred.

That My advice on GFX.

Else you can wait for the prices to drop or get good deals in TE Market for used HD 6770.

And for other componenets

For PSU get FSP sagaII 500w -2.2 k Corsair CX 430w - 2.4k or Seasonic s12II 430w -2.6k

Dont know about the Warranty od FSP and A.S.S.

So would recommend you to go for corsair if on tight budget.
or get Seasonic if you want 5 year warranty and quality and performance is better than corsair one and costs 200 more than cosair.

Get a Keyboard for <=300/- and it would be enough for the work.

Ya if budget is tight then get Bijli else NZXT Gamma.

RAM - DDR2 will be very costly now so better check TE market.

Well for a 17" monitor

gfx- a 6770 1gb card (XFX, MSI, sapphire )will be more than enough ~6k
cabby- everyone told me to get an nxzt gamma(~2.6k), but since you are buying locally if u get bijli, it should be arnd ~1.3k
PSU-get a good psu, but I don't know if you really need a seasonic 430w~3k offline, though its the best in range, u can get the fsp saga II 400w ~1.8k
KB & mouse-go take a look and buy what you like(~1k)

thats a total of 10k, should leave you with enough to buy the DDR2 sticks.

and one thing if u buy the zebronics bijli, all its fans suck air in, so you will have to unmount its rear fan and one of its side fans and mount it in reverse for efficient airflow.(read it in some forum)

edit: you can get the gamma from MDCOMPUTERS , its given as Rs.2444 but you can probably haggle and get it down.

Nishu said:
As you said it is final config and no future upgrades,dont get 550Ti instead get HD 6770 which is enough to max out the games at the resolution that you preferred.
coolcrook said:
Well for a 17" monitor

gfx- a 6770 1gb card (XFX, MSI, sapphire )will be more than enough ~6k

cabby- everyone told me to get an nxzt gamma(~2.6k), but since you are buying locally if u get bijli, it should be arnd ~1.3k

PSU-get a good psu, but I don't know if you really need a seasonic 430w~3k offline, though its the best in range, u can get the fsp saga II 400w ~1.8k

KB & mouse-go take a look and buy what you like(~1k)

thats a total of 10k, should leave you with enough to buy the DDR2 sticks.

and one thing if u buy the zebronics bijli, all its fans suck air in, so you will have to unmount its rear fan and one of its side fans and mount it in reverse for efficient airflow.(read it in some forum)

edit: you can get the gamma from MDCOMPUTERS , its given as Rs.2444 but you can probably haggle and get it down.

Thank you, both of you helped me a lot. i will definately go for the 6770 {please suggest a good brand}.

btw how much will 2x2Gb DDR2 ram will cost approx.

repped.

Well as nishu above said Sapphire would be the best brand, if there's a large price difference you can also get the MSI card(I just got one for ~5825)
A 2gb ddr2 ram stick should cost anywhere between ~1000-1200(not quite sure, make sure u get the 800Mhz ones)

Back