Graphic Cards Upgrading GTX 580 to GTX 780/780 Ti worth it now

Indeed. 780Ti performs 2x as fast as 580. If you have a good CPU, upgrade from the 580 to 780 Ti should be well reasonable.

Indeed. 780Ti performs 2x as fast as 580. If you have a good CPU, upgrade from the 580 to 780 Ti should be well reasonable.
What CPU qualifies as a good CPU? I have an i7 860 with a GTX 580 GPU in the system. I want to upgrade too to a 780, but I'm not upgrading thinking that the processor might prove to be a bottle-neck.

Those are pretty good overclocking CPU's...also depends on the fact that at what resolution your playing ,
If possible overclock to 4.0 GHz and your good to go :)

I dont overclock and im gaming @1080p
If I go for i7 4790k now with gtx 580, will it make a diff ?

a minor difference i would say. Your CPU is good enough to handle 780Ti. As sujithbvm said bottleneck would also depend on the resolution you would be gaming at and also the games you're playing.

Don't go for a K version processor if your not overclocking ,,save the money for the 780ti

It wont make a difference if you change the CPU...change the GPU first.

Better go for a 4770 and 780ti..:)

I would suggest to wait for the 880 as its just 6 months more,,,and the new processor wont fit on the X58 motherboard.
You have to get a new motherboard as well.

4790 would be better ,,:)

i'd say upgrade both CPU and GPU at the same time, as the latest offerings from intel with DDR4 memory would be out soon and if you buy anything now that would lower your resale value , so wait for sometime and go for the best

Back