unlocked "HTC EVO 4G" sprint by HTC on Amazon ??

khaleelda1

Disciple
Firstly this is what i am talking about...
Amazon.com: HTC EVO 4G Android Cell Phone for Sprint: Cell Phones & Accessories

now my doubts are....
1) its mentioned it is unlocked in the title, but again down the page it says its for US only..
2) i am as new to cdma as to amazon!! :( do we still have decent cdma in india? (i remember reliance launched with cdma)
3) the piece shown on photo still has the sprint logo on it...so if it is truly unlocked by HTC themselves, why are they selling it for such low price?
4) finally, can one unlock the locked cdma OR gsm phones in india?? (i mean at a personal level, not through any company)

your thoughts?

This is cdma phone n not gsm.

Let the post say anything.. the fact remains, you can use Reliance cdma in it but for that you need to find someone who could register its meid with Reliance n program it with Reliance parameters so that you can use it for voice/sms/data.

Last, it's not a cheap deal for evo 4g. Check ebay.com n you will get evo 4g much below 184$ too. Again you should have necessary knowledge in how to import it to India too.

My personal suggestion : even if you can import n program it for Reliance, don't go for this handset.it had pathetic battery life. If you wish to get good high end cdma handsets within India, go to ebay.in n search for cdma n there's one seller i think merawireless with very good track record n reasonable prices. They sell Reliance ready phones.

Hope this helped...

@hiteshkkk thanks for the insight!

its just that my friend is pestering me to get it, as allegedly he knows someperson who can do this meid conversion....

but it was still very enlightening to know that this actually CAN be done!!!
thanks again!

Back