Video UNIC UC40 LED Projector initial impressions

UNIC UC40 LED Projector initial impressions:

Hi Guys,

Just to let others know about the projector, I bought the UNIC UC40 LED projector from Paytm for 5.5k from below link-
https://paytm.com/shop/p/unic-uc40-projector-white-COMUNIC-UC40-PRALPH26573FFFACE

First time order was cancelled after 5 days, then next time ordered after 3 days of cancellation of the first one, and got it delivered from Delhi to Hyderabad in 2 days.

You can read the reviews on amazon etc for UC40 LED projector -

http://www.amazon.com/POWERLEAD-UC40-Projector-projector-HDMI-Accessed-disk-White/dp/B00URJLDNW

Now, I have used the projector for only an hour in morning, as had to come to office, but for the price paid, it seemed quite good.

Spes - 800 lm (fake) output,
Native resolution: 800 x 480
input, : HDMI, USB, Component , NO VGA
Output: Headphone socket/Charging point(USB).

If you have a tubelight on in the room, it will be very hard to see anything, but during daylight with curtains, this is very good. you can check out the videos on youtube, even I was a bit worried on this aspect but, this is very good. In fairly dark room it is like any other projector that you might have seen a few years back in your college or company(though colour looks better in this LED projector). But remember this projector is for only 5.5k.

From 8 feet distance I got almost 6feet x 4feet projected screen, and if you sit behind the projector, then the pixels will not be visible, Good thing is I got almost 60" screen from almost 4-5 feet, and that looked pretty good. So if you have to watch something from lets say 7-8 feet away from the screen, then one can put the projector 5-6 feet away, and will get almost 80" inch screen, without any pixelation for watching,

When you focus in the center, then the focus in corners losses a bit, but good enough for movies and videos. Ghosting is also fairly noticeable in fast changing scenes.

Also since the native resolution is only 480p, anything of higher resolution won't be worth it I guess.

Now guys, remember this projector is for only 5.5k(or 7k without discounts). which is probably one of the cheapest, with much better specs then anything you will find from a branded company in India for less then 15k. that is why I find this projector to be so good. I may not be impressed that much, but set it up for a teen/children and they will be fully satisfied with the watching experience. 2 years back we used to literally get toys in the name of pico projector for 8-10k, and may be for some of us this one still be like a toy, but from my side, totally worth for 5.5k. I may add more to this later, and if you guys have any question, then you can also post here, though I'm not that active,

Last edited:
Back