Unable to retieve my hidden folders n files

knoughtyd

Skilled
I cannot retrieve my hidden Folders and files that I have previously hidded.:(
Even when I restore the option to "Show hidden files n folders" n apply,it gets restored back to "Donot show hidden files n folders"...:S
It seems to me that it is Virus but i did a complete scan using Bitdefender but it didnt found anything...:mad:

Help me out...:huh:

How to start in safe mode:

Windows XP

Using the F8 Method

1. Restart your computer.
2. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode.

1. In regedit, find the key:
  2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL
  3. Look at the “CheckedValue†key… This should be a DWORD key. If it isn’t, delete the key.
  4. Create a new key called “CheckedValue†as a DWORD (hexadecimal) with a value of 1.
  5. The “Show hidden files & folders†check box should now work normally.
That will get rid of your problem, that is, if you have got rid of the virus that caused it. I had the same problem once, but I don't remember the name of the virus. If you can list the running processes in Task Manager, I might be able to help you out in getting rid of the virus.

Naga said:
  1. In regedit, find the key:
  2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL
  3. Look at the “CheckedValue†key… This should be a DWORD key. If it isn’t, delete the key.
  4. Create a new key called “CheckedValue†as a DWORD (hexadecimal) with a value of 1.
  5. The “Show hidden files & folders†check box should now work normally.
Thanks buddy now its working Properly...:hap2:

Back