Ultimate Killer Gaming Rig

maan, id still stick with my viewpoint....for a complete immersive experience,
E= 0.9 Gameplay + 0.07 GFX +0.02 controls + 0.01 other factors...
BTW I am surpised funkymonkey, the PS2 controller is almost universally acknowledged as the best controller bar FPSs...how come weren't u able to get the hang of it being such an avid gamer?

uhhh...it took me a lotta time to get used to the XBox controls....cudnt play conterstrike on it, strange controls :(

Here's My take on it:

FX-55
DFI NF4-SLI DR
OCZ 4000VX 1GB
2x BFG 6800U
CM Stacker 851 Case
Danger Den Water cooler
PSU same
HDD same
NEC ND3520/ Benq 1620 Pro. The plextor sucks
Audigy 4 Pro - Yes this and not the 2 ZS. There is a huge difference between the two in audio quality. The A4 has is much more neutral sounding than the 2ZS. The biggest difference between the two is the quality of the DACs. The A4 uses 4 pairs of CS4398 DACs that are probably the best dacs available. The A2ZS uses much older (and worser) CS4382-KQ. When buying 2000$ paradigm speakers, why skimp 100$ on sound cards :p

reignofchaos said:
Audigy 4 Pro - Yes this and not the 2 ZS. There is a huge difference between the two in audio quality. The A4 has is much more neutral sounding than the 2ZS. The biggest difference between the two is the quality of the DACs. The A4 uses 4 pairs of CS4398 DACs that are probably the best dacs available. The A2ZS uses much older (and worser) CS4382-KQ. When buying 2000$ paradigm speakers, why skimp 100$ on sound cards :p
do you think they'll come out with a cheaper version without the breakout box ?

superczar said:
maan, id still stick with my viewpoint....for a complete immersive experience,
E= 0.9 Gameplay + 0.07 GFX +0.02 controls + 0.01 other factors...
BTW I am surpised funkymonkey, the PS2 controller is almost universally acknowledged as the best controller bar FPSs...how come weren't u able to get the hang of it being such an avid gamer?
Ya i know. Dualshock is considered ultimate controller. SOmehow I dont like it. Not even xbox controller. Its too small for my hands. And when i played FPS games the controller experience was not so good.
I like to use my keyboard and mouse for all shooters and my wheel for racing games. I bought the XBOX=USB convertor for xbox controller to play MS FS2004 and it worked very well and i sometimes use it when i play FS2004.
But when it comes to accessing lots of button on controller, my hands get cramps too soon :p

bottle said:
do you think they'll come out with a cheaper version without the breakout box ?
Don't think so. The A4 Pro is creative's last PCI sound card. The next is gonna be PCI-E X1 and won't feature the EMU10K2 dsp. I hope the next one is not locked at 48kHz like this one :p

ya, a mouse /kb cobo is lot more sensitive an deasier to control, esp in FPSs....but I find gaming to be at its best when u sprawl out on a bean bag/couch with a dual shock in hand racing/fraggin away to glory with a mug full of beer in front of me, on a lazy saturday afternoon (WHEN I WAKE UP TMRW :D ) :hap2:
Can't do that with a keyboard/mouse combo though :S

Back