CPU/Mobo Ugradin CPU.....

uknowme007

Disciple
Hey Matez.......

I have a Athlon XP Pro and an Asus mobo rite now ! I am plannin to go for a 64 bit Pro and a Compatible mobo......

WAT DO U GUYZ think I should go for ? :huh:

My Budget is 8-10 k topz !!!

I do have a GeForce FX 5200 graphics card ( yea...it sux...i know ):mad: .....So onboard graphics isnt must.....
I will be upgradin all my other stuffs whn I get some money...rite now I juz wann upgrade thge CPU n MOBO......

If U guyz need any other info PLZ do Tell Me.....:hap2:

You mean 3000+ :p

Yeah I also agree..... And if not the mobo Chaos suggested, the MSI RS 48M2.(or whatever :p ) based on ATI XPress 200 chipset with onboard graphics.

Sell your graphics card too, since its AGP. The above 2 mobos are PCI-E, so ur FX5200 wont work on them. Otherwise you have to get a mobo that supports AGP.

Yeah and go with ASUS, better graphics and SATA2. Get a socket 939. Socket 754 is good only if you are buying a sempron/limited budget.

Raghu.

Tnx a lot U guyz......

But cud U tell me the PRICE of the stuffz U suggested........

'N Raghu....If I do need to seel my Graphics card...then which one should i go for ?

Tnx matez....

Hey Bottle....

Budget cud be stretched to 3-4 k......I'm In Kochi...all the damn stuffs costs damn more than U kewl guyz get in ur place...

So 3k for u mite get my pocket empty by 5 k......

Stuff is supposed to be cheaper in Kochi. Ask Rahul. He was telling abt the prices in Kochi.

Anyway if it is likr 3-4K, try getting a 6600 from the TE market. RIO had 2 for sale. Dunno if both are sold or not.

Otherwise, go for a brand new 6200.

^^If he's getting the A8N-VM, no use getting a 6200 as the onboard performance will be nearly the same. He better save up and get a nice video card later on.

Asus + Venice combo is about 12k(6k each i think), and as chaos said you dont need to buy a graphics card right now, go for it in future if req.

Asus A8N-VM CSM has a good enuf IGP, dont forget to go for atleast 1 GB ram(about 4-4.5k depending on make) go for twinmos > transcend > hynix.

uknowme007 said:
Hey Bottle....

Budget cud be stretched to 3-4 k......I'm In Kochi...all the damn stuffs costs damn more than U kewl guyz get in ur place...

So 3k for u mite get my pocket empty by 5 k......

:D prices are little bit lower here than the other places ..... anyways if u need some stuff tell me i will arrange for u with lower prices :)

Yeah we can all help you out!! And regarding the graphics card - i should have been clearer. The asus comes with a builtin card thats better than the FX5200 that u have. So there is no point keeping it, this apart from the PCI-E issue.

Also i think you are better off with Transcend ram for a 1GB stick - i can get them with Samsung UCCC chips for 4.4k for a 1GB stick here. TwinMos costs 1.8k for 512MB stick and uses MTec chips.

If you are getting the 512MB then get the twinmos.

If you are getting a 1GB stick then get the transcend.

Raghu.

TNX U guyz......

Been really helpfull.......

I do have a 512 stick Kingston rite now.....Y shud I go 4 a 1 gb ? Isnt 512 enuf ?

And wat the heck am i gonna do with the Fx 5200 ?

Wil my oldie ide hdd work on SATA mobo like Asus A8N-VM CSM ??

Or wil have to shell more money of mine if I go for Venice + Asus ?

N Wat sorta config on Venice shud i go for ?

Tnx guyz

Well sell the 5200 obv ;)

The Asus MB has a geforce 6150 chipset which is pretty good. Even the MSI RS-482 has good graphics which is slightly lower than the 6150. 1GB of ram will improve performance, since u have 512 just add another 512 stick. Yup the old IDE hdd will work on either motherboard.

And if you feel 512Mb is enough then dont bother buying a new stick.

Sell the FX5200 - expect around 1.2k for it.

The old hard disk will work on the new motherboards. No problems.

Get the AMD 64 Venice 3000+ and Asus A8N-VM CSM/equivalent cheaper one from Foxconn.

Raghu.

uknowme007 said:
TNX U guyz......

I do have a 512 stick Kingston rite now.....Y shud I go 4 a 1 gb ? Isnt 512 enuf ?

And wat the heck am i gonna do with the Fx 5200 ?

Wil my oldie ide hdd work on SATA mobo like Asus A8N-VM CSM ??

Or wil have to shell more money of mine if I go for Venice + Asus ?

N Wat sorta config on Venice shud i go for ?

Tnx guyz

Back