Two remote office ,Single tally server

You can use any of the VPN types which will allow you to tunnel layer 2 over it. However my experience in doing so was not satisfactory for Tally. What hardware / software are at the end points in these locations ?
Mine is a small office, I use a DELL Optiplex micro as the server for Tally gold license and shared data folder. It is accessed by 4-5 PC users. I use 2 other Tally silver licenses in different cities. I sync data between them using TSS. All PCs run on Windows Pro. I travel a lot and I'm looking to pull the latest data from TSS when I'm not at office.

Setting up layer 2 VPN is getting a challenge as I don't find any ready to use solution. At least I couldn't find on with my little knowledge on networking. I tried setting up an AWS instance with Pfsense and installing and configuring OpenVPN server to work as Layer 2 ethernet bridge. I was not able to properly configure and Tally was not working as expected. I still believe it should be possible with proper networking knowledge.

I think Tally TSS with Gold Lic. should be enough to cover that. You can connect that PC in additional place with Tally Gold lic using internet and TSS. Anyway do call Tally contacts to confirm. Also what version of Tally are you using in all locations. Its been a long time since I used it myself.
Tally TSS with Gold license works only within the local network. Tally switches to education mode when disconnected from LAN on which Tally server is running. We use the latest version of Tally Prime 4.1. Server license in the head office and Silver license in 2 branch offices.

This is because of the way Tally works, and over VPN, its recommended to use any remote control protocol instead of directly accessing over SMB

Have worked with companies using Tally for over a decade and have done quite a bit of R&D on it.

Would suggest to look into Tally on Cloud from https://www.sawindia.com/ - its pretty cheap when you consider they give a package at 600/user/month with the exception of your Tally license.

Sandeep - 9167760415
Accessing RDP over the internet is a challenge. We use Jio and port forwarding and dynamic dns are a hassle to setup. I haven't tried accessing RDP over VPN. Will try it out.
Tally on Cloud is a neat option but it doesn't compare to using the app natively.

Mine is a small office, I use a DELL Optiplex micro as the server for Tally gold license and shared data folder. It is accessed by 4-5 PC users. I use 2 other Tally silver licenses in different cities. I sync data between them using TSS. All PCs run on Windows Pro. I travel a lot and I'm looking to pull the latest data from TSS when I'm not at office.

Setting up layer 2 VPN is getting a challenge as I don't find any ready to use solution. At least I couldn't find on with my little knowledge on networking. I tried setting up an AWS instance with Pfsense and installing and configuring OpenVPN server to work as Layer 2 ethernet bridge. I was not able to properly configure and Tally was not working as expected. I still believe it should be possible with proper networking knowledge.

Tally TSS with Gold license works only within the local network. Tally switches to education mode when disconnected from LAN on which Tally server is running. We use the latest version of Tally Prime 4.1. Server license in the head office and Silver license in 2 branch offices.

Accessing RDP over the internet is a challenge. We use Jio and port forwarding and dynamic dns are a hassle to setup. I haven't tried accessing RDP over VPN. Will try it out.
Tally on Cloud is a neat option but it doesn't compare to using the app natively.

Have sent you a PM with my contact details, lets have a quick chat and see if we can work something out.

Back