TweakUI problem - old version installed

KingKrool

Skilled
Well, I used a DIGIT CD to install what it claimed was TweakUI for Windows 2000/XP. However, when I installed it, it turned out to be TweakUI for win98.
It installed fine, but does not work (none of the settings have any effect). Moreover, there is no way to uninstall the thing! I have since installed the proper version, but can someone tell me how to get rid of the 98 version>
I tried deleting tweakui.cpl from system32 folder, but then on startup I got an error rundll32.exe : cannot load tweakui.cpl. I went to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run and there is a key there called TweakUI with value Rundll32.exe tweakui.cpl,TweakMeUp
Shud I delete it? Or is there any other way to go about the whole thing?

I HATE D*G*T!

any idea what version it was ? i think that from v1.1 you could always uninstall it from add/remove programs.

I did a search for registry entries of tweakui and here is the list - if it was me I would manually delete these entries - I am sure deleting these reg entries should do the trick....

I use the XP version of tweakui - get it from here

Tweakui for XP

or

TweakUI XP

Hmm.. That old version (1.97) works fine on my system .. It have some options which are removed in XP version.. I get no problems with it ...

Anyways .. You can safely remove the startup entries from registry .. No harm ..

Back