Monitors TV Tuner for LED Monitor (AOC e2043 FSK)

mohitkumaar

Disciple
People

I got my first LED monitor AOC e2043FSK. I want to use it as TV because our TV is toast. The monitor has only a VGA port. I want to know the following:

1. Are TV tuners for CRT displays different from those for LCD/LED?
2. If the answer to above question is yes, is this because of resolution or what?
3. Will this Avermedia TV Tuner work for me?
4. If yes, where can I buy it in Delhi and for how much?
5. If the answer to Q2 is yes, but Q3 is no, which TV tuner should I go for and where can I buy it in Delhi?

The monitor resolution is 1600 by 900 max.

1. Are TV tuners for CRT displays different from those for LCD/LED?

Not much, since the input will be in 4:3, which is the cable tv standard in india, PAL. But there will be a small variance, yes.

2. If the answer to above question is yes, is this because of resolution or what?

Yes, some tv tuner boxes can scale the resolution properly so that if you have a 16:9 monitor, it will remove the black bars at the bottom of the normal cable tv signal and try to show it properly.

3. Will this Avermedia TV Tuner work for me?

Yes, but dont expect it to be cheap.

4. If yes, where can I buy it in Delhi and for how much?

No idea, as i am from mumbai. But should be available at nehru place. However, do not expect it to be cheap. will be at least 4k+, IMO 5k+. However rates could have fallen since last time i checked these prices....

5. If the answer to Q2 is yes, but Q3 is no, which TV tuner should I go for and where can I buy it in Delhi?

Get any tv tuner if it is a short term measure. Eventually save the cash, spend it on a better TV.

Thanks for your replies Vivek.

This TV tuner is priced @ around 1400-1500 at TheITwares.

Since both you and this site are from Mumbai, can you or anyone else please tell me if this site is credible?

For 1500? Wow. take it. no questions asked. ITwares is an ok site, with prices slightly on the higher side. The specs for output resolution has 1600x900@60Hz. So it must work with your monitor too.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also PM him here for any discount for TE members. TheITWares

Back