PC Peripherals TV Tuner Card Suggestion needed

Hi everybody,
I'm looking forward to buy a good TV Tuner Card.

-->I'm having Tata Sky Connection. It is having analogue outputs. One Video Output and another RF out (I dunno what it means).

--> PC Config: D930, 945GNT, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7. I've also fitted a 9600 GT in the PCIe16x slot and Creative Fatal1ty Pro in PCI-e slot. I guess there are some PCI slots remaining and one PCI-e (i'm not sure about this)

--> I need to record the TV shows in its maximum possible quality.

I'm thinking of buying a TV tuner card that supports H264 recording. Is there anything like it?
If not can i buy the card separately and use any thrid party software to capture devices?

In whatever case, the quality must be at its highest. Becaue I'm having a 22" monitor and low video resolution really s****!

--> I can push my budget as far as it takes.

--> I don't care about the size of the captured video as far as the video quality is of top notch(though they are not HDTV broadcasts, it should be at its maximum quality).

--> Don't care about its form factor (either External / Internal), as long as it doesn't affect the picture quality. BTW, is there any PQ difference between internal and external cards?

--> I might consider a feature rich card, but then again, if it stands as a hindrnace to deliver good PQ, I might look in for other options.
Can you guys PLEASE help me out?

if you have a tata sky card, you can use any normal card with a component video input. in case you want to record, you must use an internal TV tuner card.

diabloReigns said:
if you have a tata sky card, you can use any normal card with a component video input. in case you want to record, you must use an internal TV tuner card.

u can record using a internl tuner as well as external tuner but not a external "set top box" some manufacturers brand as tv tuners.

For best quality look @ leadtek and HAppu cards. Internal cards have more features than external ones

Friends,

After tons of research, I have found two Tv tuner cards but research is still going on.

1) Leadtek Winfast PxDTV 2300

2) Hauppauge WinTv-PVR-150

Do let us know if there are better available cards then the above Tv tuners.

@OT,
did u get a card with all the features u have mentioned? If yes, which one, for how much and from where?

@bodmas
yea biggest problem for me is that it sooo difficult to get these stuff in Bangalore!! I had also decided on PVR150 and gone to SP Road, but those damn loosers there have never even heard of this company. It was quite funny with me trying to get them to even pronounce the name correctly. lol.. But Now I'm looking for something which can tune both analog and digital channels. I believe PVR150 doesnt do that.

Also do consider Pixelview Play TV Pro 3. Its compatible with Windows 7. It has timeshift, screenshot capture, video recording, FM radio, etc features. I have it and I am fully satisfied with it.

@pretttt - I haven't got a card yet.

@ bodmas - Hauppauge WinTv-PVR-150 doesn't support mpeg-4. It's a goner. I need H264 encoding to see some colors(unlike divx and xvid).

The other card that you had mentioned is good.... I gotta consider it in my list...

juventino said:
Any card that upscales incoming signal to High-def (720p or 1080p)?

No, I dont think there could be any card like that. Basically you want to convert a DVD picture quality image into 720p, so its not possible.

bodmas said:

Avermedia has alot of good internal cards. In India there is duo hbyrid PCIe, Speedy PCIe, Ultra 116....etc...look for tirupati i guess..

Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1100

The WinTV-HVR-1100 PCI TV Card lets you watch, record and replay analogue & Freeview digital terrestrial TV on your PC and can also used to watch or record analogue output from a cable/satellite box.

* Hauppauge HVR1100 Hybrid TV Tuner
* Watch Free to Air Digital TV or Radio
* All From your Desktop
* Record Digital TV on your Hard Disk
* Listen to FM radio or DVB-T radio

-Guevara- said:
Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1100

The WinTV-HVR-1100 PCI TV Card lets you watch, record and replay analogue & Freeview digital terrestrial TV on your PC and can also used to watch or record analogue output from a cable/satellite box.

* Hauppauge HVR1100 Hybrid TV Tuner

* Watch Free to Air Digital TV or Radio

* All From your Desktop

* Record Digital TV on your Hard Disk

* Listen to FM radio or DVB-T radio

Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1100 is not a gr8 card. It just put extensive load on cpu while watching tv and recording. Because it does not have an onboard hardware decoder. :cool2:

Back