Storage Solutions Truenas like software on dietpi(Debian)

Hi,

So i have used truenas, omv and now using a asustor based 4 bay nas, from what I have researched so far is i can setup a zfs array on dietpi and can creat whatever shares I need in form of nfs and smb, what I want to know is if there is a GUI based nas software available like truenas which I could install over dietpi and setup everything from gui. I need smb,nfs and some iscsi shares..I don't want the full fledge truenas suite or else i can easily spin up proxmox and get those running as VMS as I have done in the past.

Another thing is I use Plex for which I have managed to use i5 6400 igpu for transcoding and I don't want to break that one since using a dgpu incurs power cost and I use transcoding only sometimes but its nice to be there.

Any insight to this is appreciated....if nothing else works I would probably install truenas on a 200ge and keep rest of the services on this system.

Take your pick under System Stats and Management -
One option is Webmin
I have webmin installed but never explored options os using it like that...let me have a look.
Update :- although it would work but need a lot of configuration, If there are any other options which i could install let me know while i go through webmin.
Update 2:- Openmediavault can be installed over dietpi ref :- https://sysaix.com/how-to-install-openmediavault-on-debian-10

Last edited:
So i have decided to keep both systems seperate as of now, will go for Truenas + dietpi setup as i had before i went for nas route. Keeps complication to the minimum when considering rebuilds as such.

Currently asustor 4 bay nas is main nas with 4*8tb in raid 5,

200ge+64gb ram system is having proxmox with a omv vm and spare 30tb would keep a backup of nas for when i decide to switch.

I5 6500 +24gb ram in lenovo nuc with dietpi for workload.

the 200ge system will be converted to truenas with 6*8tb drives for when i run out of space which is about 5tb's left.

Thanks @ibose for insight ultimately too many services on one system will make maintenance and recovery a headache in long run.

Back