True Blue Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

It was done from a TB Disc itself.

A warning to those considering or having already purchased a True Blue clone: we have previously implemented special anti-clone technology in the True Blue firmware which accurately detects clones and when such a clone is detected, will activate one of several effects at random intervals, such as erasing the internal PS3 HDD. The recent JBKing 2.5 software update is especially affected by these measures; anyone using this clone will be subject to data loss as a result of random HDD erasure as well as other effects. Other anti-clone measures are now being developed and will be deployed shortly.

Clones of True Blue will be blocked and future EBOOT's will not function with such devices. It is therefore important that users, in the interests of enjoyment and to avoid wasting money on trivially detectable clones, should purchase only original True Blue devices.
From True Blue Official Website. Avoid buying JB-King guys.

#dinjo #Ethan_Hunt

If Resistance 3 Eboot comes along, then I might just get one.
<

Resistance 3 is not the game which you must play for.I would be happy to buy if they promise to release reboot day 0 and release psn games.

@rajveer

Isn't that forcing to buy there product ?

Resistance 3 is not the game which you must play for.I would be happy to buy if they promise to release reboot day 0 and release psn games.

@rajveer

what is reboot day 0? I searched it on google.
<
you meant eboot? and don't take me wrong dinjo bhai but seriously i think they are doing a good job atleast people can play games on ps3 but also i think it would have been good if they could release psn titles too.

Hey you never know. BTW is it mandatory for creating a Paypal account? Wouldn't an International Credit Card work?

No not really. When you just go to the buy page on paypal you just have to enter your email address and they will create a paypal account which is not a full access paypal account but it works just for that product. I will show you the pictures today. Its just like a Dummy account. Why use international card? I used an indian one just costed me 50bucks processing fee. 50 INR.

@rajveer

C'mon dinjo why would'nt they! They are here to make money. And secondly why waste 44$ on a product which is not reliable at all. TB is a bit more reliable than JB-King. They want to eliminate competition thats it.

I always saw them blocking the JB-King. And the latest JB -King update is from pc not from ps3. Some exe file you have to run.

#[member='Ethan_Hunt']

I will indeed. Let a few more exclusives line up. Till then, my PS3 can stay in it's hibernation mode.
<

I would be happy to buy if they promise to release reboot day 0 and release psn games.

PSN games never caught my attention. They hardly ever challenge the XBLA library. We have got most of the older PSN releases anyway. So PSN games shouldn't be a major concern.

I think they can release stuff in day 0 but they don't. They want to milk their product a lot. Like for FF82. They released it after 1month just like that. Could have released earlier.

How do you they could have released earlier ?

If they want to sell the product like hot cake they would have been releasing eboot day 0.I'm not sure whether they have talented people in there who take days to release its just that someone has shown the hidden path to 3.6+

Who knows what people they have or not. As long as i am getting the fixes i am happy with it.
It looks as if True Blue isn't out of the waters yet. More fake dongles are being produced, even after True Blue revealed their anti clone technology. Now, these aren't your everday cloned dongles so you want to make note of this even if you are looking to buy a legit True Blue dongle.

The fake dongles are originating from China and from the outside, they look similar to a real dongle. However, when you take it apart, you can see the differences that are present. Take a look at the comparison picture below:

ldZr2.jpg

As you can see, the clone features a PCB that's smaller, a different color, does not have a cyrstal oscillator and does not use a PCB that's based from the Actel FPGA. More importantly, the fake dongle cannot be used with the True Blue custom firmware nor can it use any of the individual dongle firmwares.​

The True Blue team noted that this fake seems to be based from the JB2USB clone so it is likely that this one will be sold by resellers that also sold the JB2USB. If you plan to grab yourself an original True Blue dongle, make sure you are getting it from official resellers.​

Official True Blue news about the clones.
6 - 4 – 2012

It has come to our attention that some unscrupulous parties in China are now circulating fake True Blue devices. The devices look very similar to the real True Blue devices externally, but inside there is a cheap clone PCB which does not function with the True Blue CFW V2 or any dongle firmware above v2.3. As a result this device will not work with any of the latest EBOOT patches which require higher True Blue firmwares - this includes ALL EBOOT patches released since the beginning of the year.

Furthermore, the hardware platform on which this clone is based appears to be almost identical to the JB2USB clone which surfaced a while back. In light of this it is likely that channels which distribute the clone JB2USB are also distributing these True Blue clones, so beware of shops selling JB2USB who also stock True Blue, because they may sell you a fake.

In order to identify the fakes, please check exhibits A and B in the image below. A is an example of the original True Blue circuit board, while B is an example of the fake.

clone-pic1.jpg

In the fake (
<
we can see that:
  1. It is not based on the secure Actel FPGA, rather it uses an inferior chip on which the manufacturer markings have been removed
  2. Does not use a crystal oscillator
  3. Is glued inside the plastic inner case
  4. PCB size is obviously different
  5. PCB is green
As the fake dongles do not support any True Blue firmware past v2.3, they can be trivially identified by simply attempting to update the dongle to the latest official True Blue firmware. If the update is unable to complete, then it is highly likely you have a fake. Alternatively, the fake can be identified by removing the PCB from the metal case and comparing yours to the image above.
News_right.gif
News_bottom.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

5 - 4 – 2012

A warning to those considering or having already purchased a True Blue clone: we have previously implemented special anti-clone technology in the True Blue firmware which accurately detects clones and when such a clone is detected, will activate one of several effects at random intervals, such as erasing the internal PS3 HDD. The recent JBKing 2.5 software update is especially affected by these measures; anyone using this clone will be subject to data loss as a result of random HDD erasure as well as other effects. Other anti-clone measures are now being developed and will be deployed shortly.

Clones of True Blue will be blocked and future EBOOT's will not function with such devices. It is therefore important that users, in the interests of enjoyment and to avoid wasting money on trivially detectable clones, should purchase only original True Blue devices.

Scare tactics or not but if anyone here is purchasing the DRM-INFECTED dongles. Then please go for True Blue only. As you may never know when your JBK or JBUSB2 might go kaput!

In today's dongle news, JB-King takes the stab that they said they would towards True Blue's anti clone technology. With a new dongle firmware available for download, it could only mean one thing.

The JB-King team has released firmware v2.51 for their dongle which addresses the technologies found in True Blue's v2.5 firmware and the new lineup of EBOOTs as well. In case you haven't been following, the technologies have the potential to wipe the PS3's entire hard drive, if a clone dongle is detected.

JB-King's v2.51 firmware also adds support for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon and Batman: Arkham City. It looks as if JB-King is becoming the go-to product for your jailbreaking needs.

Back