Tried my hand on digital painting

EdwardElric

Disciple
Jul 3, 2006
this is what i made:-
guesswho2copy.jpg

By ashwinrdx at 2009-02-25

this is my 1st attempt at digital painting so i would really appreciate some feedbacks :)
made this in photoshop

waise can you guys guess who is the person i have drawn/painted ???

DanDroiD

Skilled
Apr 17, 2007
Then...... pretty good for a mouse. Need to work on lighting a little more,the shading is a little off. Did you copy this? If u r trying to paint more fine art portrait type of stuff you may want to try a program called painter. Where does Elric in your name come from.. it's unusual but there is a character in books by Michael Moorcock called Elric who is one facet of his eternal champion hero.

Speedz

Adept
Sep 22, 2007
Lips are not oriented with the face.The nose hole is a touch too big and your brush used for shading seems a little too hard.

Very nice first attempt though considering you used just a mouse.

And yea in the very unlikely case that you don't know, always draw on paper first to know how to go about.

Keep painting !!

Don't take this as negative criticism pal, just letting you know how i think you can make this better.

EDIT : Considering the person has no face hair it has to be a female celebrity, though a female should have a little softer features.

EdwardElric

Disciple
Jul 3, 2006
made a few more changes and this is how it looks now:-
guesswho3copy.jpg

By ashwinrdx at 2009-02-27

@ Speedz: no it aint a female celebrity:p
will be working on the lips and hair and will post the pic ASA i complete it

wasie thanks a lot for replying guys:) :)

tirthankar

Adept
Jun 3, 2006
looks like Orlando Bloom.. :)

Well I'm no expert.. but i think what speedz said is right.. very nice work though.. i myself wont come close even if i tried to..:ashamed:

EdwardElric

Disciple
Jul 3, 2006
Finally someone figured it out:hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You made me happy:eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:
am done with the lips but am still working on the hair,its really tough to make..

this is how it looks now:-
guesswho3.jpg

By ashwinrdx at 2009-03-01

Speedz

Adept
Sep 22, 2007
How could i not know!!

Dammit he is the only guy who looks like a perfect girl, n you know i think he is gay. I mean in pirates he is behind Johnny Depp , in LOTR he flirts with Aragorn.

Anyways the pics getting much better now mate.Keep working!!