Travel to Silvassa

abbY

Skilled
Hi Guys,
Planning a travel to Silvassa (from Mumbai), can somebody please throw some light on:
How to reach there ?
Which train / bus to take ?
Journey Time ?

I am planning a trip to Daman, Dadra-Nagarhaveli as well and to Diu maybe if time permits. I suppose taking NH8 out of mumbai and making the turn towards Silvassa near bhilad junction(taking SH185) would be the ideal route. It's a no-brainer actually unless some of our Gujarat members would be able to shed different light on the subject. It's around 160-180 Kms from Mumbai. I have no idea about the trains though buses (volvos/luxury) leave everyday from Mumbai for Vapi. I suppose you could arrange for a rick/tourist vehicle from there.

Have gone there twice in the recent past.. Lookup on Vapi - its the nearest 'big' town. Almost all the trains which go north from mumbai pass through Vapi. There are plenty of buses too. Though buses cost more and take more time.

Train takes about 2.5-3 hrs and a bus 4+

From Vapi you can take a rickshaw (single or shared) to Silvaasa. Its about 20km from the train station.

Silvassa is 16 Kms from Vapi junction on NH 8. (turn right if you are coming mumbai)

Daman is 7 kms from Vapi junction on NH8. (turn left if you are coming from mumbai).

Silvassa is kind of laid back place, you go out there chill out and enjoy. There is one dam Madhuban dam with few surrounding greene scenery plus one botanical garden.

Two resorts are worth recommending Treat Resorts and other is Khanvel Resorts. Both are deep in to jungle away from silvassa town.

There may be other recommendations too but I am not aware of.

If you plan a trip on weekends, do make sure you have booking beforehand with these resorts otherwise you will have to settle somewhere else.

On Daman side,
There is popular Devka Beach and Long line of Hotels. Hotel Miramar is worth recommending and their sister sister concern Miramar waterpark and resorts is also nice.

Devka Beach it self is extremely bad not much to choose for, instead enjoy your beach walks on Jampore beach on moti daman side.

Generally Daman is full of drinkers from Gujarat will throng to get break free :p specially on weekends but still you find decent place to stay always.

If you go to either place dont forget to visit Levis store in Vapi GIDC which direct factory outlet and always has attractive offers. :D
On the Diu side,
It is the third part of UT of Diu, Daman and DadraNagar Haveli. It is far situated on the coastal belt of Saurashtra region of Gujarat.

Approx. distance is 550 kms from surat. It is much better organised than Daman and is also much cleaner.

The beach is also excellent and there is little (yes.... little) watersports there.
There is history attached with Diu so you can have a lot of historical monuments.

Diu also has near by Somnath temple and above all Gir Lion National Park to visit lonely bastion of Asiatic Lions.

Still if you need more info do bug me :D.

ps edit : on transport :

almost all the major express trains including August Kranti and others on Mumbai - Delhi corridor stop at vapi, plus Kalyan pune track also passes from there so those additional trains are also available. From station which is inside Vapi Town Daman is nearer, Silvassa is little far. The rikshaws and taxis ply regularly and fare is also reasonable do bargain.

I generally venture by road as I am in surat, and transport between various points and places is PITA. And now with better roads between Mumbai and Surat it only takes 4-5 hours max from surat to Mumbai and Vapi is almost in center so halve that time.

Another place to go out for ins Manor in Maharashtra just before Bhilad post if you are coming from Mumbai on the right hand side. Worth visiting (Silent Valley Resort on banks of river and surrounded by greenery) a perfect getaway place. They also offer some group adventure sports activities.

@abhishek: dont mind my hi-jacking the thread :p

@doc: Is mumbai-diu doable in a single trip (around 850kms i suppose) or is a stopover recommended. If yes then which place would you recommend as a stop-over ?

Blade_Runner said:
@abhishek: dont mind my hi-jacking the thread :p
@doc: Is mumbai-diu doable in a single trip (around 850kms i suppose) or is a stopover recommended. If yes then which place would you recommend as a stop-over ?

nope in present scenario its not advisable.

as there is construction work undergoing on Surat - Vadodara segment of NH8 that stretch of 150 km is just unbearable. you better take break.

As a stopover how about my place? :D.

You can select Vadodara / Rajkot as stopovers according to your time of journey / situation / route taken.

I would advise either surat or vadodara as stopover.

After vadodara you can take 3 possible routes to diu so you have choice of which route to take.

you are most welcome to have a stopover at my place :clap:

medpal said:
nope in present scenario its not advisable.

as there is construction work undergoing on Surat - Vadodara segment of NH8 that stretch of 150 km is just unbearable. you better take break.

As a stopover how about my place? :D.

You can select Vadodara / Rajkot as stopovers according to your time of journey / situation / route taken.

I would advise either surat or vadodara as stopover.

After vadodara you can take 3 possible routes to diu so you have choice of which route to take.

you are most welcome to have a stopover at my place :clap:
Thanks for the info doc and thanks for the invitation as well. Would let you know in case i do happen to take you up on it. ;)

Back