Transcend T sonic T 840 - Complete media portable

The Transcend T sonic 840

This is my first review on techenclave, Please feel free to comment.

Let me begin a complete review on the new T 840..

First a look at it..

8-2-07-840.jpg

This a new sleek mp3 cum video player from Transcend. It can also display e books in txt format and Photos in Jpeg and BMP format. How could I forget this, it also has a FM radio and a voice recorder.

Well as you can see in the pic, it has a 1.8" display which is very good, you need to tilt the player horizontally to watch videos..It has a very intuitive Graphical User Interface with nice big icons.

It comes with a USB cable to tranfer, straps, Earphones of course and the converter software for videos.

It plays video of .mtv extension alone.. You have to convert your videos to .mtv format before watching them. The video quality is respectable, a 700 MB avi file becomes 450 MB mtv file after conversion, the compression ratio is higher for wmv files.

The default earphones reproduce music quite efficiently, The player conforms to the new French guidelines on limiting the Volume to 100 dB. This is to ensure that there is no hearing loss caused due to continuous exposure to music over 100 dB. This is good news as well as bad news..:S

The Voice Recorder has a special function VAD-Voice Activity Detection..So it detects voice and only records voice when enabled skipping all those silent moments, a very handy feature for ppl recording speech.

The player comes in 2 capacities 2 GB and 4 GB...

The best part of the player is its speed, which was one area which all the Transcend 6** players fared very poorly. The speed of Navigation is comparable to that of the iPods. The navigation experience is enhanced by the 3 way wheel which is very clever of Transcend to implement..
Unlike the usual portable players, the controls are on the side, screen is the only element on the body.. I personally feel they have wasted a lot of space on the front.
The player is glossy and attracts dust, hence it is very much advisable to laminate your player as soon as you buy it..

Another key feature of this player is its battery life. A fully charged PMP lasts for 30 hours.:tongue:

This is the best VFM player as it has all that an audiophile would need and costs Re.1 per MB.

This isn't heavy on your pocket literally and figuratively, weighs 70g and costs
Rs.4400 for 4 GB version.

The player comes with 2 year warranty and the 4 GB one cost me 4.4k in Bangalore. and the 2 GB costs 3.3k .

cons : no pouch included

Rs.4400 for 4gb :O 30 hours playback time :O

great player then.. but need more pics and more detailed review.

Many people are asking me about the bill and warranty.. I like to add here that its 4.4k with bill and warranty.. I will soon get you the actual pics of my player, btw can someone help me out by telling me how to edit my review? I am a newbie here.. :(

The Audio quality is comparable to the Ipods.. I testes the iPod of my friend's (30 GB one) and this.. The earphones provided with this are better than the stock earphones of iPods..However I found that the iPods pump out more volume than this.. But that kind of volume is sorta harmful and the Transcend player can easily pump out music upto levels which can be described as 'more than pleasant'

Back