Trackers - Discussions Thread

^^

You should absolutely not be doing that. That is totally cheating the PT system. I would see this as ratio circumvention method. Plus logically thinking, they can easily put in a mechanism; which checks that you should have done at least one cycle of 100% DL, before total seed is valid. Or the bonus points.

No No its allowed , infact it is sometimes the only way to survive in many trackers if you ddon;t have a good upload

Cross seeding is the way you build ratio when you join new torrents. Most websites dont mind it .

That is how people have built ratio on TL using IPT .

I never used it. Personally I find it lame.

<

Other than ratio, bonus, upload ..... seeding stuffs...dlded from elsewhere when there is no seed, is a boost to the community by itself. Thats the reason why many sites like TL allows it.

I never used it. Personally I find it lame.

<

Well this is a blessing for those who are new users and have very little internet speed. Especially in TL where you dont have freeleech.

Cross seeding does not hurt the community as the seeders are getting increased without any peer.

In the News section on the fake page we are going to tell you how to recover your Keyword for those that are too lazy to read this, we dont want to loose 15,000 members again like the last time.

Every time we open up, some crap always befalls us, DDos, Paypal Problems etc etc, so we have decided to put the fake page back on and go back to referrals (only way referrals will work is with the fake page).

We do have it installed on the backup tracker, but we are having a couple of niggly issues with it, but we think that may be the blog/forums, so it will probably be easier just to put it on here and see if those problems just disappear, if they do not we will take it off for the time being.

And they are back with "Referrals and Power User Class Return!"

Stoi and I have been hard at work bringing referrals back to the loyal members here and they have finally went live. I have allocated every member that is a user or above (sorry kitty litter) 2 referrals each. The codes, once generated, expire in 24 hours so please be careful. We will not be opening the doors any time soon for open registrations so this is the only way new members will be joining us for the time being.

Hope to see many of you take advantage of this opportunity and refer real quality members to the site.

In addition, stoi and I have decided to re-implement user classes to the site. Right now we have only implemented the power user class. Once we make sure that everything is running as it should with that class we will implement others as well.

Cheers!

SOURCE:BCG News!

PS: If you cant remember your Keyword then just type in recover in the given box and a new box will appear at the bottom of the page asking for your EMAIL ID just follow it for a easy recovery .

i've typed it and got a mail with the keyword too but i don't know how to use that keyword or where to put my login details on that page..? :confused:

alright, i got it, i was actually pasting the keyword..

^^ they are down for maintenance

it is going to be a while

Made 22TB on IPT and 12TB on FLRO

Cumulative 38TB footprint in Bittorrent world
<

Came across this software PeerBlock. Is it fine to use, does it cause any issues on the client reporting or peer connections for PTs...? Also, do PTs see it as circumvention...?

Came across this software PeerBlock. Is it fine to use, does it cause any issues on the client reporting or peer connections for PTs...? Also, do PTs see it as circumvention...?

most of these softwares Peerblock PeerGuardian etc serve as software firewalls that filter out suspected IP tracking agencies and are ineffective at best

but this also means that they filter out a majority of the perfectly good seeders which lead to lesser speeds.

don't try this while seeding on PTs as there is a fair chance you will get a warning or may even be blocked by the tracker

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Spread the word - Posted 2012-02-28

We're very sorry for putting up a shutdown notice a few days ago. Our apologies to our entire crew of members who were saddened (and angry) at the sudden news, as well as the staff that were caught unawares.

At this moment in time we can't give any details about what happened, but something got us rattled last week. We made a snap decision to shutdown.

The wording of the shutdown message was poorly thought out. In retrospect, we should have waited a few days and put up this notice of a temporary downtime. We all felt really bad about it the day after.

Now the hard work is over and we're ready to announce our plans:

The Bibliotik.org website is secure and intact. We are searching for a new datacenter. If you have experience with good (or bad) datacenters, we would very much appreciate any suggestions.[/font]

Bibliotik , EBook Tracker.

Back