FS: Networking TP Link Archer C7, TP Link TL-SG1016D Switch

Apologies for the late update. Router was shipped out to @rajch2002 - should have been received by now. Bumping for the switch with more pictures. Dunno why I named the pictures `router_<number>` instead of `switch` - late at night after a long day of work I suppose. Dropping price to 3500 also.
What did you upgrade to? I wouldve gone for the switch if it was 1016pe, dont have any use for a non poe switch like this
I ended up getting a used DLink instead of a used Cisco/Dell/HP as I was hoping for. I should have expected that the local market for used switches would be much worse than the market internationally. Still satisfied with what I got - my vendor got a batch of these and sold me one for 6k and threw in 3 copper transceivers, so not too disappointed. Would have liked to have more space for expandability, but what I was really interested in was getting something with LACP support so I can run 2 cables to my server and from my router. All the so-called managed switches available for a reasonable price (up to 12k new is what I was looking at) online only had support for a vendor-specific link aggregation protocol. The DLink is more web-ui dependent than I would have liked, but does the job. Let me know if you could use one - I can forward the vendor's number.

Attachments

• router_1.jpeg
    router_1.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 65
  • router_2.jpeg
    router_2.jpeg
    357.7 KB · Views: 64
  • router_3.jpeg
    router_3.jpeg
    468.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
What does switch do and how is it different than a router? I ask because I am looking to buy a router and i am hoping that just a router would be enough for my usual usage at home. Would appreciate it if you could help me understand the difference.

What does switch do and how is it different than a router? I ask because I am looking to buy a router and i am hoping that just a router would be enough for my usual usage at home. Would appreciate it if you could help me understand the difference.
A router is more than enough for home usage. A complete explanation would be a bit long, but in short a switch lets more devices communicate with a single network (e.g. your home network) whereas a router lets your network communicate with a different network (e.g. your home network to the internet). Most routers have a small switch inbuilt - that's the 4 LAN ports on the back of most routers. An additional switch is needed in case you want to more devices plugged in through ethernet. Most people are happy to have all their devices on WiFi - I prefer to have anything that's not a mobile device wired in, which is why I had the 16port switch.

Back