Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
Switch warranty expires 03.11.25, router warranty expires 17.03.2024
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
Replaced with more advanced solutions
Selling both these items as I have replaced them with more advanced solutions.
The switch is a few months old and is in warranty till 03.11.25.
The router is ~2 years old and is in warranty till 17.03.2024.

Both working perfectly. Not sure about the particular criteria for item condition for these items - the switch should be 5 out of 5 as there is no wear and tear as it's quite new. The router may have minor wear and tear on the chassis but nothing I can see with the naked eye - can upload a photo with a flashlight pointed at it tomorrow if requested.
Neither have the original box.
Prices are a firm ₹2000 for the router and ₹4000 for the switch.
The photos are of the devices in use - will update with more photos once I pull them out of the deployment in the morning. Replacements are configured and ready to go but I've learned not to reconfigure my home network while my family members are at home to avoid the risk of flying chappals.
I should note, the Archer C7 is running OpenWRT instead of the stock firmware. I can reflash the stock firmware, but I would highly recommend using OpenWRT instead as it is much better than TP Link's firmware.

As with my previous thread, I will:
- Prioritize local buyers for the first few days depending on interest
- Deal with members in the order of PM or thread reply by timestamp
- Hold for confirmation a day before moving on.
Prices are exclusive of shipping cost. For local buyers, I can meet at a halfway point on the Metro or send it through Porter/UberConnect/etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0064.jpeg
    IMG_0064.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 243
  • switch_invoice.pdf
    78.1 KB · Views: 81
  • switch_invoice.pdf
    78.1 KB · Views: 77
Replacements are configured and ready to go but I've learned not to reconfigure my home network while my family members are at home to avoid the risk of flying chappals.
Aren't we all in the same boat or rather just a chappal away in the baot, when comes to restarting, resetting, replacbeing the routers....

Jokes apart all the best for the sale witha free bump mate.
Was wondering if you could send a pm sharing your experience with open wrt... I also have the C7
Thanks

Accidentally uploaded the invoice for the switch twice - invoice for the router is attached:
Aren't we all in the same boat or rather just a chappal away in the baot, when comes to restarting, resetting, replacbeing the routers....
This is why I moved my OPNsense router out of a VM and to a dedicated box... I was restarting my server trying to fix an NVMe drive issue, forgetting that the internet would drop for 5 minutes every time, and I heard my sister scream "Not again!" from the other room :sweat:
What did you upgrade to? I wouldve gone for the switch if it was 1016pe, dont have any use for a non poe switch like this

Borrowed a friend's 8port unmanaged TPLink for now - heading to my vendor today to pick a new switch. There's about 10-15 models I sent him, waiting for him to send back prices and condition and then I'll pick one, likely a Cisco, HP or Dell from the 2000s, or maybe a Brocade if he can find one.

Attachments

• archerc7-invoice.pdf
    79.8 KB · Views: 72
Which version of the Archer C7 is this?
Does it support both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands in Openwrt ?
DM'd for price.
Please see the attached screenshots for confirmation of version and support.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 12.50.54.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 12.50.54.png
    220.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 12.51.13.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 12.51.13.png
    253 KB · Views: 180
Which version of the Archer C7 is this?
Does it support both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands in Openwrt ?
DM'd for price.
Archer A6 and C6 (latest version) are better because of better processor for openwrt and cheaper too.
I have C7 before someone starts fighting with me. At that time new version of C6 was not available and A6 was unreleased.

Archer A6 and C6 (latest version) are better because of better processor for openwrt and cheaper too.
I have C7 before someone starts fighting with me. At that time new version of C6 was not available and A6 was unreleased.
If you only wanna run openwrt then yes. A6/C6 has a hyperthreaded 1c/2t 2 core CPU and C7 has only 1 core CPU. So raw performance maybe better on the former BUT if you're after wireless radio performance and bandwidth then C7 has better ath9k/ath10k radios with higher throughput.

Simply put AC1200 is inferior to AC1750.

Last edited:
Archer A6 and C6 are better because of better processor for openwrt and cheaper too.
Can't see anything in the wiki that indicates they are 'better' apart from a higher clock, but you're welcome to your opinion. This model of the Archer C7 is fully supported in OpenWRT, and has a convenient USB port that I have used for a file server and print server and is also usable for an LTE backplane, which the other two do not as per their spec sheets on the wiki.
As an aside, on other forums it's customary to notate edits for clarity, is that not the standard here?

If you only wanna run openwrt then yes. A6/C6 has a hyperthreaded 1c/2t CPU and C7 has only 1c/1t CPU. So raw performance maybe better on the former BUT if you're after wireless radio performance and bandwidth then C7 has better ath9k/ath10k radios with higher throughput.

Simply put AC1200 is inferior than AC1750.
I think it is dual core not two thread.
Can't see anything in the wiki that indicates they are 'better' apart from a higher clock, but you're welcome to your opinion. This model of the Archer C7 is fully supported in OpenWRT, and has a convenient USB port that I have used for a file server and print server and is also usable for an LTE backplane, which the other two do not as per their spec sheets on the wiki.
As an aside, on other forums it's customary to notate edits for clarity, is that not the standard here?
Haha. You didn't annotate your edit either. But, it was within a minute so I didn't think that someone would have read it.
Yes, if you need a USB port, I don't think there is another cheaper router than the C7.

I think it is dual core not two thread.

Haha. You didn't annotate your edit either. But, it was within a minute so I didn't think that someone would have read it.
Yes, if you need a USB port, I don't think there is another cheaper router than the C7.
Yeah, I saw that you had edited yours right as I posted. I normally annotate, but that's a reflex from other forums where I can put a strikethrough in markdown. I still haven't understood when you can and can't edit a post on here anyway lol

Lol the fs thread is fast becoming a discussion thread, (let me also float a question while we still can)

@rudiv
How better is wrt as compared to stock, I have a V2 C7, if I flash wrt, will there be any Mac related consequences as well, will the wrt perform better as far as coverage, signal strength and connection quality is concerned...

Thanks

Edit. I am so sorry, as tapatalk isn't woekibg with TE since two days, I totally missed your pm and asked the same thing again bro...
Gonna read the pm and reply there

Thanks again

I'll take the Archer C7 please, keep the openwrt as it is, i'm using the same and need this to expand the network. You'll need to ship to Bangalore, so confirm when you are ok.

I'll take the Archer C7 please, keep the openwrt as it is, i'm using the same and need this to expand the network. You'll need to ship to Bangalore, so confirm when you are ok.
Sorry man, two other members already messaged for it. You're third in line if they both back out.
Edit: Sorry about the late reply!

Back