touchscreen phone for 30k Budget

Adept
Hi..
Plz suggest me a good touchscreen phone around 30k.. I am thinking about Nexus one or Droid .. Got a quote of 32k for Nexus one but havent yet enquired about Droid .. Must be around my budget only.. Can you suggest which one is better? Or any other choice? Any good upcoming phone?

PS: Dont suggest iPhone 3GS..My bro has it..

Just wait. Motorola is launching Milestone (Droid's GSM version) in India very very soon. Grab it once it is shown in market. Also, SE is planning to launch Xperia X10 by end of this month.

Nexus One doesn't have support in India and if you face any problem, you will be in cold waters.

If it's urgent, I would suggest HTC HD2 (baap of smartphones).

desiibond said:
Just wait. Motorola is launching Milestone (Droid's GSM version) in India very very soon. Grab it once it is shown in market. Also, SE is planning to launch Xperia X10 by end of this month.

Nexus One doesn't have support in India and if you face any problem, you will be in cold waters.

If it's urgent, I would suggest HTC HD2 (baap of smartphones).

I dont want a windows mobile.. Just dont like them..

And you are saying no support for Nexus One in India..Wont HTC handle Nexus One?

red dragon said:
Yes no support for N1,wait for a couple of days,milestone is supposed to available from 22nd of March.

Milestone has a slower processor and less RAM than Nexus one.. So it doesnt looks much impressive..

Apart from the support in India, The Nexus One seems better.. Is there anything else bad with Nexus One or shall I get it keeping in mind its support?

188007 said:
Milestone has a slower processor and less RAM than Nexus one.. So it doesnt looks much impressive..

Apart from the support in India, The Nexus One seems better.. Is there anything else bad with Nexus One or shall I get it keeping in mind its support?

RAM will hardly matter,processor is not that bad,it can be safely overclocked to 800mhz,I have never used that phone,not even seen it,but have read a lot about it in various forums,it seems a very nice phone.N1 on the other hand is downright sexy,have seen it,but probably it has some issues with the screen,may not be true though.If you do not mind windows mobile HD2 is a very good option indeed,using it for about a week now,no issues at all,super fast,very nice good touch sensitivity and a giant 4.3 inch screen and oh!the beautiful sense u.i.If you are like me who like to watch movies on mobile,this is pure bliss.

I wont use it for watching movies.. So, No HD2 for me .. I dont know why I am a bit inclined towards Nexus One.. So, Apart from its support, Howz it? I think its better than the others... n If you are suggesting any other phone, then plz give a comparison in which context it is better than Nexus One.. Leave its SUPPORT IN INDIA..

What are your requirements?please arrange them in order of prioriiy,then we can give some suggestions.BTW nexus one is a great phone,superphone according to google.If you are not worried about warranty go for it.

188007 said:
I wont use it for watching movies.. So, No HD2 for me .. I dont know why I am a bit inclined towards Nexus One.. So, Apart from its support, Howz it? I think its better than the others... n If you are suggesting any other phone, then plz give a comparison in which context it is better than Nexus One.. Leave its SUPPORT IN INDIA..

If you put the support issue away, it's a terrific phone with a terrific smarphone OS. But HTC Desire is coming out and it has the same h/w that Nexus One has but with a better UI (Sense wrapper on Android) and it is gonna come out very soon. So, wait! :)

HTC - Products - HTC Desire - Overview

I dont have such priority over something .. But the things I want is Decent web browsing, Decent camera, Sometimes will also use it for listening to music(not much though), Good app support n Should be fast(Got little tired of 5800XM.. :p)..

desiibond said:
If you put the support issue away, it's a terrific phone with a terrific smarphone OS. But HTC Desire is coming out and it has the same h/w that Nexus One has but with a better UI (Sense wrapper on Android) and it is gonna come out very soon. So, wait! :)

HTC - Products - HTC Desire - Overview

Yeah I saw it.. But when its gonna be available? It hasnt released yet na? So, it will take much more time in coming to India..

Back