Total PSP noob !! Help !!

montylee said:
it's easy and safe to use naa?

One more query:
I have 3.71 M33-2. How can i upgrade to the latest custom firmware? I want install the latest upcoming firmware which will have music enhancements.

Yup .. its safe .. i think i said TESTED .. :p
Secondly, if u want all the music enhancement like the music.prx etc that i can get even on ur existing cfw, but the most preferred one shd be 3.90M33-3
it has been pretty stable and a worthy fw to choose.

To Update, GuuuuGle......
installing 3.90m33

you need to be on 3.52m33-3 or higher to install this
Get 3.90m33
Get ofw 3.90 eboot

- Copy the UPDATE folder into /PSP/GAME/
- Get the 3.90 sony update from somewhere, and put it in same folder, with name "390.PBP".
- Run it, the update will be done by Sony updater. At the end when you are asked to reboot the
PSP pressing X or O, do it.

thanks for the help guys. I made a backup of my PSP Nand. But how to restore it in case of a problem?

Since the new music enhancements are just visualizations, i think i'll stay with my current firmware for now.

Dark Messiah said:
i bought it from music world so had to pay the full price hence Rs 8990 :(

1. Get an good ear phone, IMO EP-630 is the best one to pick

2. Buy 'Horri' screen protector, buy a PSP case for carring PSP.

3. Buy PSP charger cum stand & A/V cable

Hey which mem card did you bought and how muc mem; also the damages

Dark Messiah said:
What all basic accessories to get.
except memory card.

U better be getting:

1) Screen Protector
This is Essential
As mentioned before, HORI brand shd be good. Sells for 75/- @ Palika Bazaar Delhi, jst to give u an idea of the price.

2) Logitech Playgear Case
This is the best case u can get for ur psp. Rs
Price:350/-

3) Mem Card Reader.
There are some stupid issues with non sony cable, which wd force u to get a sony brand mini usb cable for the data xfer onto ur mem card and wil cost u abt 900/-.. which is sheer robbery.. bt what else can u expect from Sony.

Instead a more sensible purchase wd be a Mem Card Reader.
Afterall u need to get stuff onto ur mem card, keep it plain and simple.
Ofcource u gonna run a Cfw on ur psp.. rite ;)

Spacescreamer said:
U better be getting:

1) Screen Protector
This is Essential
As mentioned before, HORI brand shd be good. Sells for 75/- @ Palika Bazaar Delhi, jst to give u an idea of the price.

2) Logitech Playgear Case
This is the best case u can get for ur psp. Rs
Price:350/-

3) Mem Card Reader.
There are some stupid issues with non sony cable, which wd force u to get a sony brand mini usb cable for the data xfer onto ur mem card and wil cost u abt 900/-.. which is sheer robbery.. bt what else can u expect from Sony.

Instead a more sensible purchase wd be a Mem Card Reader.
Afterall u need to get stuff onto ur mem card, keep it plain and simple.
Ofcource u gonna run a Cfw on ur psp.. rite ;)
thanx for the info dude

How do i know whether a mem card is "magic gate" type or not ?

What are the problems with other data cables ?

can you please elaborate

my friend is coming from mumbai to hyd today.

he only has time to shop in airport.

is there any possibility of getting screen guard nd logitech play gear in the airport.

if so ne particular shop ?

Dark Messiah said:
thanx for the info dude

How do i know whether a mem card is "magic gate" type or not ?

What are the problems with other data cables ?

can you please elaborate

to check if your card is magicgate supported insert it in your psp and start. in the xmb have your memory card selected (i.e. in the games, video, music or picture tab) press the triangle key and you should get an option for information. press x to see the memory card info. if it says magicgate supported then its a real card else its fake.

u need a PRO DUO card..
magic gate is for encryption purposes. dun worry abt that. just make sure abt the pro duo thingie.

The usb cable wont allow the psp to be detected at times.. or the connection wd be short lived. U r better off getting any decently available Mem Card Reader.

cant say anything abt hyd/mumbai.. never been to those places.

Dark Messiah said:
my friend is coming from mumbai to hyd today.

he only has time to shop in airport.

is there any possibility of getting screen guard nd logitech play gear in the airport.

if so ne particular shop ?

If it was Sat or Sun, I would have handed it to your freind atlease screen protector and case.
You can directly order it from Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions! - Play-Asia.com

Never mind come to Mum dude only 12hr journey :))

ok all done i got everything i needed from HYD itself :D

thanks to amigoatul :)

now next job is to find some one who will mod it

thanks for all the help guys

umm i had a few questions of my own

1)is it true that even after modding there's a risk of bricking while changing psp themes?

2)and cant a pandora battery be used as a normal battery(i know of a software called as time machine but dont know whether it will work or not since mine is ver3.95 )

#and is there anyone in pune who can help me out with my modding

1) Yes, if u go abt tinkering with the flash of ur psp.

2) U have to revert ur pandora battery back to normal mode, only then u can use that battery for normal usage.

A pandora battery is a modified battery which boots ur psp in the service mode.

but one shd back up the nand data of the psp and everything shd be good from there on.

Back