Torrents causing networking issues

#agantuk, I have no idea buddy. Even speeds for me are fluctuating very badly. I am considering whether to go to a friends house [4Mbps] to see if anything can be done. Most of the times, speeds ~ 2KBps.

I had no issues with IPT DHT , Local Peer Discovery and Exchange are disabled for me with port forwarding done.And i use transmission.

I tested the file you had told me on PM. It seems to be fine. I also observed it for a few minutes, there was no drop.

Here is the run for ~60 minutes.

IPT_one_hour.png

See the average DL speed. It seems fine.

Drop the number of connections like Vivek said.

Most good router reviews stress test the number of simultaneous connections to check its actual capability.

try connecting directly to your mainmachine, put some torrents, and then try to browse and do stuff in the same machine, if things are fine then, most probably the modem/router is choking up. at times its doesn't look like its the router issue because we think that if it works it works or else it won't, but whenevr we used to connect 2 machines it starts choking up, even without any downloading from any machine.

Are you by any chance maxing out your global peer ? I rather keep by peer to 40 and global peer to 200

Increased number of connected peers per torrent to 150 and max to 300. Dont remember the earlier values
<

Now getting speeds of 60~110KBps since net is being shared by 2 more machines.

I actually decreased the connection count settings for peers and max to get better results, especially since windows has the tcp connect limit issue (related to event ID 4226)
<

You should not be increasing the peers it rather slows down the connection though you might see a jump in speed when u increase but over a no of hours when swarm starts to build up the speed eventually decreases

Back