Top Gear to go HD!

We’ve just heard it confirmed by BBC brass that the next series of Top Gear will be in HD.
That means all the races, supercars sliding from left to right of your telly screens and the boys’ comedic adventure, all in crystal clarity.
As Jeremy said a few weeks’ back, filming is well underway on Series 14 and if all goes to plan it’ll be on your screens by mid-November.
Until then, it’s the usual grainy repeats on Dave – or the bulging archive of on-demand clips we’ve got here at TopGear.com. You should know where they are by now…

Source:Top Gear to go HD Transmission – BBC Top Gear

Personally I think the decision came in too late. I would love to have watched the Vietnam Special and the epic McMerc SLR race to Oslo in HD.
But anyway,imagine the Lamborghini Reventon powersliding in HD.:drool2:

It would be fun looking at Clarkson poking fun at peeps with Hammond n May at the world in HD!

if only we could get higher download speeds at a lesser price.
btw i am suprised that it wasn't HD since i have a polar special video that has a water marked logo "BBC HD",so then was it upscaled to HD:p

adder said:
if only we could get higher download speeds at a lesser price.
btw i am suprised that it wasn't HD since i have a polar special video that has a water marked logo "BBC HD",so then was it upscaled to HD:p
Nope.That was the only TopGear episode to be filmed and broadcasted in HD.:)

TopGear already had ToPMost quality on my 15"CRT:p
HD= space constraints.
ummm....it applies for me only. I know.
This will be welcomed by everybody, unless they don't like the show.:p

While it's temping to watch all those supercars and Stig driving on Top Gear test track in HD, this just means bigger filesize, longer download time, more wait to watch episode till it finishes downloading. :(

Frankly, it's not like I'm unhappy with current SD videos... moreover, most of the times, I convert them and watch them on my iPhone... while going to sleep or while traveling etc. :p

excellent news!! the polar special was HD and that was 700mb so season 14 episodes would be around 700mb too possibly!

got all the seasons and i have all of clarkson's videos his misadventures from torr***!!

love this show!

Back