Too much of GTA3 ends up in a death sentence....

Params7

Skilled
Well, we all remember that kid who killed 3 cops, and later blaimed it on Gta3 that he was heavily influenced by it....

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6135335.html

Earlier this year, Devin Moore, now 20, was on trial for the 2003 triple homicide of three Alabama policemen. While in detention for stealing a car, Moore grabbed the pistol of one officer and used it to fatally shoot a total of three of them.

The defense mounted a case based on a childhood full of mental and physical abuse, as well as an affinity for violent games. One game in particular, Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto III, was singled out, because gamers can steal cars and kill cops in it. Moore had said he was inspired by the PlayStation 2 game.

In August, a jury swiftly convicted Moore of the charges. And today, a judge laid down the most severe punishment the justice system allows.

Moore will be put to death by lethal injection. Defense attorney Jim Standridge will appeal the case.

The victims' families have sued Take-Two Interactive (parent company of Rockstar), Sony, Wal-Mart, and GameStop for their parts in the manufacturing and selling of the game.

Anyway's, if the sentence is carried out, R.I.P, Because i don't blame him, i blame his parents for not taking in notice how much he was being influenced.

well games influence people to a certain extent( like modifying cars etc etc ) and some times people go a lil off track( like tryin the speeding stunts ) , but killing 3 cops is one thing a fuggin 20 year old should know is insane , either hez mentally unstable or his only motive was to steal the car , and blaming it on the game is one way to go around the legal system .

That's a totally impractical solution... ;)
Yeah, me too believe that the teenager was trying to get around the legal system by using GTA as a shield.
Or he HAS to be mentally unstable, which hasn't been proved yet.

meh... I don't even notice it anymore when a stupid kid kills others after gta/doom or a stupid middle-aged guy kills himself after a 52hour starcraft marathon without eating or sleeping.

...or kids get stupider.

Realistic games have little to do with it.
The original doom can be given credit for half the school-shootouts in america.
The first time I played it, I knew I had to murder some babies right away.

it is just stupid that ppl get influenced by games.......even though it may seem realistic but at the end of the day it's a game after all....

this is stupid. the kid cannot blame the game for it. he was friggin 18 yrs old for god's sake. Cant he use his own brains??

He deserves the death sentence.

yea, dat guy shd hv his brains, he shd know which is rite n which is rong, blamin a game, yea i know game influences ppl, but dis is madness, 3 ppl, n blamin de game, lol, he wud hv been a psycho

Back