Toca Race driver 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya already tried. toca was & has always been good with handling & control compared to nfs series.

btw what system u playing on over there samir

stormblast said:
ya already tried. toca was & has always been good with handling & control compared to nfs series.

btw what system u playing on over there samir
Pentium M 1.60 Ghz, 512 mb ram, geforce go 6400 128mb, 15"4' widescreen. Plays perfectly at everything high, no AA or AF though.

saumilsingh said:
Toca, MotoGP and CMR are the only few good arcade racers left on pc.
arcade racers? the nfs series is an arcade racer, toca and cmr are close to racing simulators.

noob.

They're arcade. They've always been arcade...

Toca is just marketted as a sim like the GT games on PS2.
The game has an option to disable gravel traps lol. And you can take donington flatout with cold tyres except for the hairpins (you try that in GTR and 'Boy meets wall').

Don't believe everything it says on the box. Their 'simulation' mode which warns you about how realistic and difficult it is (it did so in TRD2) can be played on a keyboard much more easily than when I drive GTR in 'semi-pro' mode with TC and AT.

CMR games have never been sims either. Just fun games with a 'just-so' arcade feel for anyone who wants a no-nonsense rally experience.
The cars always have perfect grip in all 4 wheels over all surfaces and I can recover from a drift just as soon as I can get into one. Infact you can just throw the car around bends as you please to imitate what you see on TV.

Go drive RBR and you will realise it takes much more to maintain a proper drift than what CMR would have you believe.
It has (and needs) a driving school mode so thorough, it could be sold as a seperate product.
I can't drive RBR consistenly at all, if I try taking it anywhere near the limit I screw up badly. Absolutely needs a wheel & pedal setup for all that left-foot braking I guess.

You actually got paid to review games? noob.

Do you know the meaning of arcade? It means simplified physics and a easy learning curve. As I said this is close to a racing simulator but definitely not an arcade game, you are arguing about the degree of simulation comparing it to what you think is a pure sim...missing the point again as always in your hurry to wail.

And if its marketed as a racing sim, it definitely must not be true, right? demos come in boxes and everything printed is a lie. what goes on in your retarded mind?

you bought the magazines, too bad i dont have all the fanboy chat convos, now go ahead and deny everything.

It's arcade, there's no learning curve, I can be lapping bests within an hour.

toca, cmr, gt4 are just a different type of arcade breed than the over-the-top nfs and burnout games but that doesn't make it 'close to simulation'.
It's merely imitating the basics of the real sport as closley as possible but with exhagerrated grip levels.

They are most definitely not bad games and better than recent nfs's, but it's still arcade.
And what chat convos? format c:\ from the run box? noob.

saumilsingh said:
It's arcade, there's no learning curve, I can be lapping bests within an hour.

toca, cmr, gt4 are just a different type of arcade breed than the over-the-top nfs and burnout games but that doesn't make it 'close to simulation'.
It's merely imitating the basics of the real sport as closley as possible but with exhagerrated grip levels.

They are most definitely not bad games and better than recent nfs's, but it's still arcade.
And what chat convos? format c:\ from the run box? noob.
"It's merely imitating the basics of the real sport as closley as possible"
Nfs = Very arcadey
Toca = "imitating the basics of the real sport as closely as possible"
Simulation = "imitating the basics of anything as closely as possible"
Real Sport comes under "anything"

Therefore, Toca = Racing simulation and NOT ARACADE.

have you ever driven on a grid in a sports vehicle to know how the physics should be? Neither have i, but then again, the last time you drove a car, circa 2003, you ran over someone and got yourself hospitalized.
"just a different type of arcade breed "

Mind your language.. - Renegade

Toca is arcade. Simple as that. Your first statement proves it as you said bumping into cars is fun. Bumping into cars is definitely not fun in real life! Also your personal attacks are uncalled for. If you persist, you won't last too long at TE. Abusive language was totally unnecessary.

Chaos said:
You were talking about watching the car disintegrate but i am illiterate, Blah blah, TOCA is not a sim because Bumping into cars is definitely not fun in real life!
LMFAO
Chaos your config and life are both a waste of resources

Warning - Had the above comment been in good spirit there would have been no prob. But from where I see it, it is a personal attack. This is second time in the same thread that you are getting a warning from me. Please understand that we here respect each others views and dont need to get abusive to make our point. BTW Warnings are usually followed by a ban. - Renegade

I love this thread.

I wonder why you get so worked up...

what the hell, long ago when "accurate" simulations started up, you know, games with cool gfx, car damage etc. well, they started off in ACTUAL arcades (replete with force feedback and steering wheels). Hell I was PHYSICALLY thrown out of one of these... how? Well the arcade machine had a seat (car body?) unit which tilted violently lefgt and right to simulate inertia... and I nearly lost my teeth becuase I didn't know it was there..... first turn and whopee!

^^ROFL, that one is really funny :D. Wonder whether that'd be arcade or a sim :p
@scrizer: Get a life! Looks like someone treated you real bad all these years and you are venting that anger on whoever you can find. I can only feel sorry for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I OWNED you in zpm with 10 times your ping.
I should've saved those screenshots with the 'excellent' medal (awarded for more than 2 frags in under 2 seconds) panning from the very left of my screen to the right (older patch).

And re-read my post, the keyword being 'basics'. That's the tracks, team liveries, maybe some rules, that's all. The handling was designed to be arcade.

Toca is arcade and you are a noob.

saumilsingh said:
lol I OWNED you in zpm with 10 times your ping.

I should've saved those screenshots with the 'excellent' medal (awarded for more than 2 frags in under 2 seconds) panning from the very left of my screen to the right (older patch).

And re-read my post, the keyword being 'basics'. That's the tracks, team liveries, maybe some rules, that's all. The handling was designed to be arcade.

Toca is arcade and you are a noob.

you got chaos "~car crash cause pain~" supporting you, its a wanker fest with you leading the front, lock the door.

Excellent medals? fantasy again? Remember humiliation ahemdabadi?

Toca is sim and you are my bastard child

Warning - Had the above comment been in good spirit there would have been no prob. But from where I see it, it is a personal attack. This is second time in the same thread that you are getting a warning from me. Please understand that we here respect each others views and dont need to get abusive to make our point. BTW Warnings are usually followed by a ban. - Renegade

You mean social ostracization and complete violation of human rights for being correct? If you respect opinions, you should start right here.

lol whats the warning for. he isnt abusing any1 is he. he has his own opinion which others arent agreeing to. so thats no reason for warning.

& as far as q3 goes every1 knows scrizer sux bad at it. remember su tourney. hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back