To All ACT BB Users: FUP Problem

manojkrishnaks

Disciple
I know exists a separate thread for ACT BB discussion,I thought creating a thread will grab more attention.From last few months i was facing problem that when i complete 80% of my usage the speed will be reduced.All i did was send them a mail with screenshot of usage and the speedtest result.But i use to get the standard reply that "Sir, we have checked from back end, you have completed your fup quota".This time also i faced the same issue.And decided to follow it up until i get proper reply from them.Called the Nodal officer and i told the problem and asked them to send me the report of last months usage. First they told they have checked and i have crossed the limit.When insisting the report nodal officer told that back-end team will mail me the same.
Today i called them again and reminded them the same.After an hour i got the call from nodal officer saying i haven't crossed the usage limit.Same problem has been faced by 3 more customers.So this month they have setup trigger from those account to monitor the usage.When i asked why did the customer care replied saying i have crossed the FUP his reply was "It was auto generated Mail" :scared14:.

So i want to know is anyone else facing the same problem.

please check the other act broadband thread, users have reported false fup triggers (yes you have posted there and other users acknowledged the same), read the last 2 pages and that should help isnt it ?

im with BBNL and i can monitor my day to day usage, have compared the usage with cisco network manager vs the portal and they are very accurate (max 10mb difference which is good in my opinion)im using 14mbps plan with 200gb fup and paying 2k per month

Hi Manoj, This used to Happen for me with Beam.. Both are Different Brands under Same Group. I Got in touch with Facebook Page Admin and they did Reset FUP for me twice till now as it was a issue From their End itself.
See If ACT can Do it For you? :)

Actually once they had reset the FUP, Next 3-4 times they refused to reset saying i have crossed the FUP limit when they checked from the backend.

slightly off-topic, but can anyone tell me what is the download/upload ratio is?? is it 1:1? i am planning to take ACT for streaming purpose which require good upload speeds and ACT is offering an uncapped upload bandwidth...so if i take a 15mbps plan will i get same upload speeds of 15mbps?

^ Yes, but after you hit the FUP, the upload speed will go down too - not to 512kbps but around 2-3Mbps in my case.

thanks for the reply....i already have airtel 8mbps unlimited plan for downloads so i wont be using ACT for downloads at all...so if i only stream live gaming and create some game servers, will it affect my downloads??

thanks for the reply....i already have airtel 8mbps unlimited plan for downloads so i wont be using ACT for downloads at all...so if i only stream live gaming and create some game servers, will it affect my downloads??
"Unlimited" From Airtel- The Indian Comcast? :p

I've always wondered how I hit the FUP limit so fast every month. All I do is watch some videos on youtube and a couple of hours livestreams everyday (360p). I've installed NetWorX for now - let's see what happens in the coming month.

Back